Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings \'n Things

Options
Eggtucky
Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm not much of a chicken fan..prolly cook it less than anything else..but I do like me some good wings and a brew or two...still working on my fav recipe..so picked up some free range wings at my butcher today and tonight decided to make one batch using the DP recipe with a few mods and another using the Suck Creek method.. both were really good, but the DP came out best according to 'my' judges..oh yeah..threw a couple fatties on the small while the wings were burnin :woohoo: :woohoo:
DP 'plus'
782e9a3e.jpg

Suck Creek Griiled
3e6f17a8.jpg

Couple of 'real fine' fatties..first ones on the new SBGE
d87bdb66.jpg

and plated...
45e0ff9f.jpg

:silly: :woohoo: :P :woohoo:

Comments

• Angie2B
    Angie2B Posts: 543
    Options
    Man that looks so good...
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Great looking cook! What did you stuff the fatties with?

Thanks!
  • Dut
    Dut Posts: 81
    Options
    I Love that SCW. I can't wait to get home and try the fatties.

D
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    I made one 'spicy' and one 'not so spicy'. I flatten the sausage out quite a bit, lay in several pieces of thin sliced ham side by side, then add fresh sliced jalapeno (de-seeded and de-veined), sharp cheddar, and some minced garlic. I then 'roll' the ham stogie up and mold the sausage around it. (I left out the jalapeno and garlic off the mild fatty). Having all the 'goodies' wrapped up in the ham helps keep them inside the fatty instead of leaking out. I then covered one in John Henry jalapeno rub, the other in a local rub called 'bad byron's butt rub' but any other rub you like will do ;)
  • ILL--EGGER
    ILL--EGGER Posts: 478
    Options
    That looks fantastic Eggtucky. What did you stuff the fatties with?
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    See my previous post ILL ;)
  • Eggtucky, what is that round thing stuffed with cheese & peppers? I have seen many of them posted but I have never known what they are or how to make them, could you send me a recipe, thank you, zippylip
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Dang, you got started early! I'll be doing my SCW batch later. Looks great, ET.
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    aye I was off yesterday and it was raining all day..so couldn't golf..perfect for cookin! ;) I even ended the days cook with a batch of 'damn good pecans' but forgot to post the pic of them..so here it is...
    316596a5.jpg
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    Zippylip..those are called 'fatties'..there's probably a hundred different ways to make them.. the basic recipe can be found Here I suggest doing the basic ones first..then you can improvise once you've made the basic to your satisfaction... by the way, something I dont see mentioned very often is that obviously the quality of the sausage used to make a fatty is a huge part of it's flavor...I use only fresh made sausage from my local butcher...he made the ones I used for these yesterday while I was in his shop...cant get much fresher than that! ;)
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i am hoping you get home soon... do you have any idea when that might be???

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Eggtucky, thank you