Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Chops - Temp and Time Question

Options
dan
dan Posts: 57
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've done quite a variety of items on my Egg, but amazingly have yet to do some nice porkchops. I'm looking for suggestions on how to do a few nice fairly thick cut pork chops (with the bone). I'm also a Char Crust fan and would like to coat them with Char Crust and olive oil. [p]Do I do them similar to a steak (3/3/dwell 3) but just longer? [p]Any insight would be appreciated. THANKS![p]Dan.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Dan.,I've had very good results using a mixture of olive oil and lime juice 2:1 and minced garlic in a zip bag overnight, then coated with Charcrust and cooked direct at about 450 for 3/3/4 with apple. (these were boneless and about 1 and 1/2 inches thick.)

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    Dan.,
    I like to do mine for about 3:45 a side at 500+. This yields a nice crust but still a little pink inside.
    JimW