Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HELP!!!!!

Options
Carl T
Carl T Posts: 179
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just put three 6 lb butts on the Large for another overnighter. Temp is climbing to 250. Severe thunderstorm warnings have just been issued (with tornado watch to boot!)[p]Any suggestions for impromptu hood to cover the slide/daisy so water doesn't affect the overnight fire? The patio umbrella is not an option due to the wind.[p]A simple shower I wouldn't worry about, but we have been getting monsoon type downpours the past several days.[p]Carl T[p]

Comments

• Rayddd
    Rayddd Posts: 11
    Options
    Carl T,[p]I use a coffee can inverted with several holes punched in the side- simple but it works great !

• Carl T
    Options
    Three_small_butts.jpg
    <p />Rayddd,[p]Thanks for the response and sorry for this late reply. Right after my post last night, the storm front came thru. We lost electric and it rained as hard as I've ever seen it. The power was restored about an hour ago this morning.[p]The large egg didn't miss a beat. She held 250 rock solid thru the whole event and the rest of the night. This pic shows the three small butts after 12 hours.[p]I am going to make up a can with the holes on the sides to have ready for the next time.[p]Carl T

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Carl T,
    Looks great! Nice to have your cook continue while the power is knocked out to everything else in your house![p]BluesnBBQ, our resident bluesman, turned me onto an easy solution for the heavy rain. If you don't get your coffee can made up in time for your next downpour, try a quick-fashioned hood of aluminum foil. Wrap it around your chiminey, and bend it over to form a little hood. Works great. Simple.[p]Beers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Carl T
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]That's a great idea. I always have HD foil in my storage box for making drip pans anyway.[p]This sounds like one case where duct tape wouldn't cut the mustard. Sorry Cornfed :-)[p]Carl T