Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's like Christmas out there

Options
Little Steven
Little Steven Posts: 28,817
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Never did post pic of my Christmas present from my darling bride.

001-1.jpg

002-2.jpg

001.jpg

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    'Fess up...those first two pics were taken in July, weren't they? :laugh:
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I just took them now. In July the mosquitos make the snow look black.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I was in your neighborhood the other day. What part do you live in? I was in St.Georges near Brantford Ont.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Hey Steve.....is it some kind of spruce at the back on the first pic?? what is it ?? blue spruce??..that´s a very nice christmas present by the way... what do you normally do when it snows like that?????
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Brantford is about an hour and a half to the Southwest.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    I believe it is a Colorado Blue. My mom planted it when my first son was born. The one behind it is a Wichita, that was my second son.
    What do we do when it snows like this?...shovel

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mike in Abita
    Options
    I thought you were going to say "Try for a girl" :woohoo:
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Sorry that posted early for some reson. Do you come up this way often? Let me know if you do. I think I've been in Abita. Are you near Baton Rouge?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Options
    looking good there steven! it is just starting to snow a bit of flakes here!! we are expected to get 40 cm!! i better get the old shovel all waxed up for the occasion!! don't you just love canada.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Got four kids already. Now that I've figgered out how that happens it won't be happening again. Ready for grandchildren though.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    Beli,

Isn't your party today? What did you decide to cook? The snow isn't putting a damper on things is it? :angry:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    That "moose" brisket has been on now 18 hr and still going. Hears what a bored southern biker does with snow and some spare time: :woohoo: FIRSTMARCHFOOD003.jpg
  • Mike in Abita
    Options
    I'm about 60 miles east of Baton Rouge. We just hired a guy to take over the Canadian region. He needed a little help as we were moving a unit from one location to another. He has never seen a unit come apart and needed a little assistance in taking it apart and loading it properly. Normally our Midwest manager in Detroit would go but he was tied up.

StGeorges009.jpg
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Betcha were glad to get home. What do you do?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    Mike,

She bought the pots from a manufacturer in Belgium. They are awsome but it's killing me not to use them. Real small kitchen in my parents house and I don't want to get them banged up. Couple more months. It will be a year next month.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Spring Hen saw your photos and wanted me to post these two for you to see.

The first is our fountain/pond just a few minutes ago.

MVC-002S-1.jpg

The second is a piece of furniture that we thought we were the only people in the world had.

MVC-001S.jpg

Small world... But at the moment ours is warmer LOL...

Spring "Collector Of Inns And Odds" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Mike in Abita
    Options
    I'm the Southeast Region Manager for Jordan Technologies. I design, maintain, modify, and upgrade this equipment. It is a gasoline vapor recovery unit. It recovers gasoline vapors and turns them into liquid gas.

StGeorges020.jpg
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Spring Chicken and Spring Hen,

I didn't take a picture of my mom's fountain cause it looks like a mound of snow. That's funny about the table. I actually feel pretty good about the snow here. My house is about thirty miles north of here and it is on top of the NIagara Escarpment. Probably twice as much up there today.
    My guys are doing a job in Houston this weekend. They're probrbly compaining about the heat. :)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    Cool,

I thought I saw some explosion proof stuff on the first picture.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    JL,

What you didn't have enough snow to finish it?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Actually the party is ´till the end of the month.....just as well since the egg area is a bit of a mess now with the contention wall being built.......I dealt with planning during most of my early business days....so I suppose still carry some of that burden :laugh: .....I like the idea of cooking a Roast pork loin roulade...but i´ve never cooked it...my wife thinks I should cook one of my normal wood oven cooks to be on the safe side ...(but on the egg)..ie Prime Rib roast, Top Sirloin roast or a Lamb Crown........I wouldn´t mind cooking some fish..but in this part of the world sometimes people are a bit .fuzzy about fish...so being such a large group I think I won´t risk it ....on top of it my inlaws are arriving this wednesday to spend some days with us.....father in .law...really .likes his food...he eats & eats & after that.....he goes on eating.. :laugh: one of those guys who live to eat instead of eating to live.....they haven´t tried the egg so I´ll be busy this days ahead...........