Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This Is It! Eggtucky\'s Most Eggcellent BBQ Pizza

Options
Eggtucky
Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok, this is from a family that makes pizza on the egg at least once a week, my son is 24 and has eaten pizza to survive through college..my wife NEVER eats more than one piece of any pizza I make...now..I may have made them wait so long they were starved..but my son says this is the best pizza he has ever eaten, wife ate 2 pieces and wanted more, and there were NO leftovers..wife said..'next time make 2 pies'..
f6b79c98.jpg

Eggtucky's Most Eggcellent BBQ Pizza

1/4 Cup BBQ Sauce (Honey Habanero or any spicey BBQ Sauce)
1 12" Mama Mary's Pizza Crust
1 Tbsp EVOO
1 Cup Pulled Pork or 2 if you like..just pile it on till you think it’s enough 
1/4 Cup Chopped Ham (Deli or better)
1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Pineapple
2 Cups Mexican 4 Cheese (shredded)
1 Chopped Jalapeno (or 8-10 slices)
1-2 Tbsp favorite pork rub (Elder Ward's is perfect)

Brush EVOO onto crust, pour BBQ sauce on and spread with spoon to distribute. Sprinkle 2/3 of the Mexican 4 cheese and distribute evenly. Add Pulled pork and distribute evenly. Spread chopped ham, pineapple, and jalapenos spread evenly over pie. Finish by sprinkling last 1/3 of cheese over entire pie then dust with favorite pork rub (I used Elder Ward's).

Egg Setup:
Stabilize egg at 400 dome and add favorite wood chunks (I used hickory). Let smoke for 10-20 mins until smoke is steady and blue. Cook Indirect using platesetter, then grid, then elevated grid with pizza stone on elevated grid. When all is stable, and stone has had time to assume dome temp, add pie and let cook for 20 mins or until crust is crispy and cheese is golden brown. Don't let temp drift above 450 or keep a close eye on the pie.

Must be served with your favorite brew or soft drink..

ENJOY!!..

Comments