Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Adjusting Dome Temperature Probe

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have had Bge for 9 years but guess I get dumber as I grow older! I cannot find the small black mark that the instructions says is on the outer edge? Also,if you check in boiling water and your temp is say 40 degree's off on the low side do You just turn the nut on the underside of the gauge until its 40 degree's up or equal to 212 deg.'s.

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    the temp at which water boils is diffrent for everyone HERE is a link to help you find what the temp is for water boiling at your house. i think the little black mark that used to be on the thermometer has been off of there for a couple years. just take a "guesstimate" as to where the temp is supposed to be. a couple degrees either way is not bad anything over 7 needs to be fixed (7 is my personal guess and i am sticking to it :lol: )

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    I'll take 7 on the come out roll and football pots....not sure what else the number is good for.......LOL.

Almost forgot, boil, turn screw till arrow hits 212ish and start cooking......T
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • thanks Bente. Spent 2 days looking for that dam black mark. Just bought a smge and that chinese temp probe is off 30 degree's. todays outside temp is 75 degrees and after adjusting for the 30 degree low I will start atover a hundred. don't seem right.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    if your egg is in the sun you may have a diffrence between dome and air temp. but i think that is why they tell us to boil it speaking of which i think i will recalibrate mine :blink:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb