Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Asparagus

Options
Okeejohn
Okeejohn Posts: 297
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to add some olive oil to my aspargus with some salt and pepper. My question is how long do I put them on my BGE?

John

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    I did it the other night and did about 5 min each side indirect. had a few that slipped over to the side and they got a little well done but were still yummy. Someone on here had posted using half honey and half olive oil and bast. that is how we will be cooking it from now on. We did not even bother with butter on it. it was like candy! Julie
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    Don't forget to wrap a few in bacon!

Everything's better with bacon!

~ B
  • Warthog
    Options
    John,
    I just did these, and I don't even like asparagus. I wrapped them in ham and swiss with parm sprinkled in. I put them on for about 10 minutes, turning often, just until they turned a darker green with nice grill marks. They were awsome!

Warthog
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    another option to consider is pinning some together with toothpicks to make these "rafts" and they can either go on the grill directly or placed on top of your meat for a longer cook. Works for me!IMG_0277.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    I agree..this way of prepping asparagus is veggie Nice!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Austin Smoker
    Options
    I always like adding some (okay ALOT) of fresh pressed garlic to the EVOO, Salt and Pepper - normally cook until they brown up a little and begin to go limp.
  • Kelly
    Kelly Posts: 5
    Options
    YES! Mix 1 TBS olive oli and 1 TBS honey very well. 1 lb fat asparagus. Coat. Roast direct while basting until tender crisp.

Best,

Kelly
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I grilled asparagus once. soaked it in balsamic first, don't remember the exact recipe.
    It was FANTASTIC!

Unfortunately the kids and wife weren't so excited about it so I haven't done it since.

...but I will do it again!
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Aye..and sprinkle on a lil parmesan when done and right before you take them off! ;) :woohoo:
  • Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Options
    I'm a big fan of EVOO salt & pepper, or substitute a little DP Shakin the Tree for the S&P. I roast them direct for a few minutes per side at about 400 F and drizzle them with Balsamic vinegar after they're cooked. The kids and wife love this preparation, and even the overdone (black) ones are tasty!

Roudy