Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Sad Day in Eggville

Options

Comments

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    I thought about that, but I don't really have room for the boxes that they would be bringing with them which they require at all times because they can't think or communicate without being inside of them. :evil:
  • TRex
    Options
    I'll let you know if I decide to throw them out ;)

jason
  • TRex
    Options
    Indeed - I think this might be the impetus for a move. I would invite the nazis over, but see my response to stike - no room for boxes.

thanks,

jason
  • TRex
    Options
    I wholeheartedly agree. Thanks for the encouragement.

jason
  • GirlyEgg
    GirlyEgg Posts: 622
    Options
    Okay... sounds like you at least need to rent a house.... not an apartment. I live near L5P and there are LOTS of houses that are currently for rent... I suppose due to the issues in the mortgage industry.... Not sure how much you're paying for rent up there in the Vinings, but send me separate email and I can tell ya how much the houses are renting for down here... (p.s. If you work in that area, it's actually not a bad ride from this area....)
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    We are looking at a house next to surrey shopping center...We have plenty of time but are getting alot of interest in ours.
    Larry
  • KC
    KC Posts: 91
    Options
    It is indeed a sad day in Eggville. I hope you can work something out where you can continue to use the eggs. Does the complex have a storage area where you could store them and roll them outside to cook? I know it would be a pain but probably better that egg withdrawall.

Best of luck with it but in the meantime DON'T STOP POSTING... We all benefit from your knowledge, experimentations, tips and recipes.
  • Chef in the Making
    Options
    Invite the neighborhood and management over for dinner and then they will ban inside stoves. I have not used my stove since i bought the Egg
  • Rick's Tropical Delight
    Options
    maybe he could rent a room at your place :woohoo:
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    send your landlord this picture with the following note:

jan08pics040.jpg

"dear landlord, i don't understand what you are referring to. the items on my patio are simply the latest in weather proof furniture. i do appreciate your concern though, as they are easily mistaken for other things. stop on by sometime and try the chair out for size. i might even serve you up a good steak to show there are no hard feelings!"
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    but he does have two heads!!! . . . maybe that was the bad omen. ..
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    you know, for a guy with a small head and a big beak that eats fat worms and drinks grape juice. .. you is a pretty clever fella :woohoo:

dec07pics042.jpg
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    FirstSnowoftheYear.jpg

I like Thirdeye's way of thinking!
    Dude, your invited to park your eggs next to our's and move into the WooHouse any time you want and stay as long as you like.... an occasional TRex pizza would be the only thing we ask in return.... could be a lot of fun!

john
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    ooooh, a menage-a-trois!! . .. could be fun for all!!!
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Here's a solution...

Move back to Houston and bring your Eggs with you. We have a spare room complete with hot & cold. I'll move the gasser out of the Coop so your Eggs will have company, not to mention being protected around the clock by Rodney Dangerbird.

There are jobs 'a plenty nearby and you can use the Learjet (purchase pending) when you hanker to visit Augusta.

Got you covered Buddy...

Spring "One Fully Equipped Helping Hand And One Not So Fully Equipped Helping Hand" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • TRex
    Options
    Thanks - yeah, I had looked down there about a year ago - need to again. I'll shoot you an email later - thanks for the tip.

jason
  • TRex
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words - I will keep posting for sure.

They do have outside garages/storage units, but not worth the extra cost, in my opinion. Just time to move down the road.

thanks again,

jason
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    heck, leroy, if hot tub privaliges are included, I might take you up on that offer!!!. .. i'll even be reponsible for dressing changes when blind chickens try to use power tools!!
  • TRex
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! :woohoo:

Max, that picture just made my day. You are truly an innovator! I may have to include that picture along with my termination letter stating that "I and my high-end lawn furniture are terminating this lease."

Thanks my friend for the laugh.

jason
  • TRex
    Options
    Leroy, a kinder offer has never been made. Sadly I haven't the energy to start the job search again right now - but don't be upset if one day down the line you see me standing outside your door with three Eggs.

You did run this by Judy, didn't you?

jason
  • TRex
    Options
    Thanks John! I could certainly feel at home in that setting. The occasional pizza is the least I could offer.

Hmmm - tough decision I have to make now - I have two separate offers that would involve living with a chicken, lol. Or is that a rooster you've got? Wait, what's the difference again? Heeee . . . .

jason
  • TRex
    Options
    Wait. Good point. Why couldn't I pay attention to the omen!!! I just have never had that trouble maker over to the house . . . .
  • TRex
    Options
    Hey, watch out, Max - get in line!!
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Dressing changes!!! But then what would Nurse Hen have to do?

Even so, come on down. We can put a slow-cook on the Egg while I show you an assortment of things you can do with power tools, especially table saws. Oh yea, I might ask you to pressure wash the garage floor.

Spring "Real Men Use Power Tools That Make Them Bleed" Chicken
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    LOL. ..even with two good eyes, you don't want me any where near power tools!. .

mad "happy to be a couch potato" max
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    And just where do you think he got the idea from??? I have to take care of my baby boy.
    Spring "taking care of her men" Hen
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    That does suck, but it had to happen sooner or later!

And I have been looking for a way to get you over here some night for diner anyway!

Smokey
  • Rick's Tropical Delight
    Options
    my egg hut has a couch! :blink:

ice-064.jpg
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    ChickenCat.jpg

You would indeed be living with chickens, roosters, cats, pigeons, and neigboring fox, raccoon, opossum, skunk, ground hog, squirrel and an amazing variety of birds...

Just for the record, Jason, the WooHouse is detached from the main house and about 20 feet from the chicken coup. You'd probably have to get used to the roosters trumpeting the approach of dawn every single solitary morning... besides that, it's a nice place to hang your hat...

And please excuse max, he aint right in the head... which, of course, is stating the obvious :~)

john
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    before you move out, i have three words for you....

"TOGA!! TOGA!! TOGA!!..."

and some advice.

"my advice to you is to start drinking. heavily" -bluto blutarsky, faber college, 1961
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante