Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lamp Chops, how to??

Bama FireBama Fire Posts: 267
edited 7:31PM in EggHead Forum
Some friends are bringing over some lamb chops for the egg tonight. I have no idea how thick or if they are in marinade. Any suggestions for marinade and cooking directions?[p]Thanks, in advance![p]B~F
·

Comments

• Bama Fire,
    I posted on this one last Sat but never got a response. Hubby cooked them at about 425 for about 30 min. but they were too rare for me. I think they should be cooked at about 350 and test for doneness. We cooked a 2 1/2 pound rack. Individual chops may vay. Good luck!

·
  • Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    Bama Fire, nver tried it but here is one from the recipe selection that looks enticing.

[ul][li]Lamb Loin Chops[/ul]
    ·
  • ravnhausravnhaus Posts: 311
    Bama Fire,
    I always cook mine just like a steak. Nice hot fire and a couple of minutes each side. Maybe a little Italian dressing and some fresh ground pepper.
    I would recommend a nice medium rare.

·
  • char buddychar buddy Posts: 562
    ravnhaus,[p]haven't been to the site in a while. Any new pics? any mood music?[p]CB
    ·