Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally, time to cook

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:

Life has been so hectic lately I have barely been able to catch my breath, much less have time for cooking. Tuesday evening I stopped at Publix and saw a couple of flank steaks, both about 1.5#. I did one of them that evening (no pics) and the other one tonight. Also had a spaghetti squash sitting around, plus some dinner rolls.

P2210002.jpg

I put the squash on at 375 for about 90 minutes, until it was very soft. Took it off, peeled it and removed the seeds. Then shredded it, topped with salt & pepper, a little butter and shredded Asiago cheese.

P2210001.jpg

Very tasty!

The flank steaks had a light sprinkling of Dizzy Pig Raising the Steaks and some sea salt. Put them on for about 10 minutes at 350 to 375 (didn't feel like waiting for higher temps) until the Thermopen said the thinnest part was about 145 (thick parts closer to 135). Turned out very nice.

P2210004.jpg

Not sure why the shadow on the pic. Now I just need to keep finding time to do some more cooking.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments