Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Baby Backs

edited 5:22AM in EggHead Forum
I am starting baby backs in a few hours. I want to use the 3/1/1.5 method described on the site. Are there any words of wisdom from you EGGSPERTS I need to be aware of? This is my first attempt. Thanks.

• Trout BumTrout Bum Posts: 343
    When using that method, mine allways get done quicker than the 3/1/1.5 timing. I normally run about 3/1/.5 to 1 hours.
    This is cooking at 250 degrees. Yes, my thermometers have been calibrated many times. They're right on.
    B D

• GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    Stephen, the time will vary depending on your setup - mine take longer - maybe because I use 4 firebricks as |__| with a 2nd grid on the top - most always take the full time on my meium BGE. Good Luck! [p]BTW - they will bend freely when done!

• Gfw,
    What will bend freely?