Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Internet Eggs

Options
Scubadog
Scubadog Posts: 100
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok, maybe a dumb question but here goes. The BGE homepage claims to not have any internet dealers and that the warranty is voided by purchasing on the internet. So why do they sell Eggs to the internet dealers?

Comments

• Eggscaper
    Options
    They don't sell to internet dealers only to dealers who choose to sell on the internet. It's all about how it's worded.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Some dealers don't follow the BGE dealer agreement.

A lot of posts in the last few weeks where people people need and used their warranties. Pictures of broken eggs.

I had a dome for a medium replaced. The lifetime warranty is worth it to me.

GG
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    it's the distributors that sell to the dealers that aren't following the rules...
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Scubadog
    Scubadog Posts: 100
    Options
    Hey, I'm with you guys. I live in a small town and always prefer to give my business to the local shops that know my name.
  • Rollocks
    Rollocks Posts: 570
    Options
    One of my local dealers has dropped the ball lately in providing me with information and ordering egg accessories. Fortunately for me I have 4 dealers in the Greater Cincinnati Area. I feel sorry for those who have drive several hours just to see one dealer.

Having said that, when we only had 3 dealers in town none of them seemed interested in getting me a chiminea or a small egg. So on two different trips to Atlanta I stopped in at the mothership and purchased a chiminea and a small egg.

I have had a firebox replaced on my XL. I was glad to have no difficulties with warranty. The firebox on my small egg has a few cracks but is still in one piece. If it does need replacement I'm hoping one of my local dealers will be willing to handle the warranty work for me.

If not I'm sure the mothership will help me out, but I'll have to pay the shipping.
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    If you specify, your dealer will include your new fire box along with a regular delivery. This means you wait for the dealer, but you pay no shipping fee.

Good luck!

~ Broc

Yep -- I have a firebox disintegrating right now, also.

~ Broc