Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

how many eggs?

Options
Peggy
Peggy Posts: 122
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How many of you have more than one egg? If you have more than one egg, what sizes do you have and what do you use the different sizes for?

Comments

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    Peggy ,[p]I have the large and the small. I use the small for most everything and mostly for high temp cooks. My large is pretty much for the lo/slo pulled pork and ribs although at times I have to do a lot of food and the large is my choice at those times.[p]

• Tom Harmon
    Options
    Bob,[p]Me too - but the large also works REALLY well when doing a turkey. Actually did 2 14# birds on Thanksgiving. Wall to wall bird![p]The virsatility of the small is amazing. Glad I bought the large first.

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Peggy , I have a mini, medium and large. I'll use the mini to cook a single burger or up to about three burgers. For cooking for our normal meal (my wife, my youngest son amd me) I'll use the medium. When I really want to cook a lot (or something big like a whole turkey) I'll use the large. SOmetimes, I use two at the same time when I need different temperatures.

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    Peggy ,
    I have a large and a small. If it's a two egg cook, I'm usually doing the meat on one and vegies or taters on the other. This is especially true during corn on the cob season. It can't be beat on the egg.
    B D

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Peggy ,[p]I have a Small and a Mini. I would love a large, but still have no space for it (I'm off to house-hunt in a couple of minutes...). I am a wimp and therefore like taking the Mini to tailgates. I've also taken the small many times, but when others are going with other grills, I usually leave it behind since it's hard to fit into my Mustang, anyway.[p]I like to have both going at once so I can do two things at different temps.[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    Peggy ,[p]Large, small and mini. The large handles the usual fare plus all dough bakes, plus all dutch oven bakes. The small handles burgers, steaks, chicken breasts, pork chops, taters and other veggies, plus all wok stir fries. The mini handles, in 3s, burgers, chops, steaks, chicken breasts, plus hot dogs, plus roasting peanuts.[p]Just a sampling of cooks. [p]Puj
  • Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    newegg1.jpg
    <p />Peggy , I have three, two larges and a mini. The mini I use for traveling, a couple of burgers, dogs or sausages, and to make smoke for cold smoking. The larges do just about everything else. Are you getting ready to add one? [p]Chuck <><[p]

• DavidR
    DavidR Posts: 178
    Options
    Peggy,[p]We (the wife and I) bought a large about a year ago. We found out that when we do lo & slows, (pulled pork, briskets, etc) it prevented us from cooking anything right away. So we bought a mini - and it's absolutely perfect for doing a couple of NY strips, 3 burgers, or a package of hot dogs. Hot dogs cooked on the mini is about the best dog you'll ever eat.

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Wardspage.html
    <p />Peggy ,
    Here is a picture of my kitchen....On Christmas and Thanksgiving I had three cooking at one time...I am cooking pulled pork, ribs and bacon wrapped pickled watermelon rind in this picture....We mainly use the mini for tailgating....You can never have to many eggs or toys.
    Larry

[ul][li]My Kitchen[/ul]
  • YB
    Options
    Peggy ,
    Lets try this.
    Larry

[ul][li]My Eggs Cooking[/ul]
  • Kelly Keefe
    Kelly Keefe Posts: 471
    Options
    Peggy ,[p]A large, which I've had not quite a year now and a mini which I got in February. I use the large like everyone else. Got the mini for three reasons: 1.The wife didn't know what else to get my for my birthday, 2.I felt silly firing up the large for a couple of burgers, etc. and 3.The local dealer REALLY, REALLY wanted to unload it so he made me one heck of a deal. So far I've only used the mini for high temp cooks.[p]Kelly Keefe
    Jefferson City, MO

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Peggy ,
    I have 5. 2 large, 1 medium, 1 small and a mini. The large I use for multiple butts, brisket leg of lamb. The medium for smaller cooks, the small for large cooks of burgers, couple slabs of ribs and veggies. The mini for baked taters a couple of hamburgers a 2" steak and a couple of pork chop.

• DavidR
    DavidR Posts: 178
    Options
    YB,[p]er . . . excuse me, but did you say "bacon wrapped pickled watermelon rind" ?????[p]What is that? If you don't mind.

• Carl T
    Carl T Posts: 179
    Options
    Watermelon_morsels.jpg
    <p />YB,[p]Finally!, someone else who likes these gems. I posted this pic last summer and no one noticed.[p]I found out about them in Smoke & Spice. Great little appetizer.[p]Carl T

• Carl T
    Carl T Posts: 179
    Options
    Peggy ,[p]I have three eggs. A Large, Small and Mini. I use the Small the most by far. The Large is for lo & slo's and times when I need more grill space. The Small is for grilling dinner. The Mini is for me and the wife when my 17 year old son isn't around to devour everything in sight.[p]Carl T

• YB
    Options
    Carl T,
    I cook them pretty often...The egg store here even started selling pickled watermelon rind afer I cooked them there one saturday.
    Larry

• YB
    Options
    DavidR,
    This is the brand I buy...It's with the pickles and olives in Kroger here...It is a real treat.
    Larry

[ul][li]Pickled Watermelon Rind[/ul]
  • Grumpa
    Options
    Larry,[p]I believe them is buffalo turds rather than rinds. Not real sure from the picture but it would be my guess :~)

• Grumpa
    Options
    YB,[p]Opps...I did not read down far enough....blush!
  • YB
    Options
    Bob,
    How you been doing...I have 3 slabs of ribs on and going to fix NB's veggies tonight for friends...If you leave now you can be here in time for dinner...Starting today we will eat at home every night...All restaurants have a three hour wait in Augusta for the next week.
    Larry