Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Chicken Wings

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking for some smoked chicken wing recipes. Can you guys help a newbie out here?

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Here is one way.

Wings, Georgia Red, Wise One

I think you'll like this, it's definitely one of the best I've ever tasted. It's not overpoweringlyspicy but quite flavorful.

INGREDIENTS:
    3-4 lbs chicken wings
    3/4 cup soy sauce
    3/4 cups water
    1/2 cup Texas Pete hot sauce
    1/2 cup lemon juice
    1 cup Hot and Spicy V8 juice

Procedure:
    1 Cut the wings apart at the joints discarding (or saving for stock) the tips.
    2 Combine marinade ingredients in a large container with a lid. and place the wings in the
    3 container making sure they are all covered with marinade.
    4 It is best to let the wings marinate in the refrigerator overnight (or at least 2-4 hours).
    5 Remove the wings from the marinade and sprinkle with Big Green Egg Gourmet
    6 Seasoning (or your favorite rub for chicken).
    7 Grill indirect at about 350 deg. for 15 to 30 minutes on each side. If grilling direct,
    8 monitor carefully and turn every 10 minutes.

Recipe Type
    Appetizer

Recipe Source
    Author: Bill Wise

Source: BGE Eggtoberfest '06, Wise One, 10/21/06
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Alright,here's how I do it.
    Marinate wings in vineger for 30-45 minutes
    Set egg temp at 225 using wet pecan chips
    Smoke indirect for 20-40 minutes per side
    Remove from egg and put in a disposable pan
    Pour a bottle or two of texas pete buffalo wing sauce
    Put the pan back in the egg and lower the temp to 200
    Let them simmer for 30 minutes,I have left them in for 2 hrs and are better to me.They just fall off the bone.They're even better the next day. ;)
  • You guys would eat roadkill. Who would wreck wings in that manner?!
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    Oh,I'm sorry.What I meant to say was,drown them in butter and deep fry them. :pinch: If you don't like it,don't eat it.
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    BTW,roadkill can be tasty if done properly. :laugh:
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    Dizzy Pig has a good recipe, though I would recommend using corn flour as opposed to corn meal for dredging. I did them for the Superbowl, and #3 Son has been asking when I'm going to make them again.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    ignore SU dude...sounds like good recipe to me..
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    I agree.I'm sorry,I didn't mean to feed the troll. ;)
  • FlaMike
    FlaMike Posts: 648
    Options
    Just had some last night. First I marinate in a soy based- teryaki type sauce for an hour or two. Then pat dry. Egg temp at 250-270 direct, raised grid. I trim the tips, but don't split the rest. Should take about 2 hrs. I flip about eery 20 min. and spin the grid to soften the hot spots. I use Blues Hog sauce for the last 30 min, and maybe bump up the temp to 350. That's it. Comes out semi-crispy, but OOOOOH, SOOOOO GOOOD !!! Good Luck