Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Like swimming in concrete

An Egg Downunder
An Egg Downunder Posts: 152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This forum is just so frustrating now. Nothing works intuitively. It's all so geek-driven.Grrrrrrr!

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    IT does take a little getting used to but the original purpose is still here. To exchange ideas and help eavh other. Stick with it you'll get used to it. Just like learning how to use the Egg.
  • I agree. It's even hard to lurk.
  • When I mad the switch to the new forum it was a shock to my eyes. I liked the "look and feel" of the old forum; being able to see all of the posts and scrolling throught them was a breeze. So one of the first things I did was change the view to the "Classic View" (this option is at the top of the page); I get all the new functionality with the same "look and feel" of the old one... it's great. I'd encourage you to play around a bit with the options 'til you find one that suits you.

Regards,
    RustyEgg
  • Old Salt
    Old Salt Posts: 357
    I just checked the classic view and saw that you have to click on each comment. Here you click on the topic and you get all the comments and views. This is how most forums are run.
  • Yes,the classic view lets you see the topic of all posts and to read them you have to click on it to open it...similar to email. This is my preference. If you use the "Flat View" it gives you all of the posts as well as all of the messages. If messages are lenghty you may have to scroll quite a ways to see the next post.

Anyway, it's all about content and how that content is displayed to the viewer (you). The new forum has all of the content (all of the posts, text and pictures) and lots of functionality that allows the viewer to custumize how the content is displayed to them. That's what is so great about the internet.

I'd keep experimenting with all of the options and settings; in time you'll find what works for you and the new forum will very confortable to you. You can also set preferences in your profile.

Regards,
    RustyEgg
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    The swimming is fine! Builds confidence and character.
    Hammer