Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Submitted Recipes?

ShortRIb
ShortRIb Posts: 88
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How long after you submit a recipe for the cookbook does it take to appear? How do you know if they reject it?
I submitted a tri-tip marinade that is truly delicious. It has been about two weeks or so and it still hasn't made the cookbook. I just don't know the process for new submissions?

Comments

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    I can not answer that one but why not share it now.Tis the start of a weekend and I am sure if you say what it is it will be good on many cuts of beef.Let us try it out.Beers and have a great weekend.
  • yeah, please post the recipe here and now. i am doing a tri-tip tomorrow. would like to try something new and exciting.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Here are a few ideas.

Beef, Tri-Tip, Richard

INGREDIENTS:
    2 2 Lbs Each Tri-tips
    EVOO
    "Rub It Raw" Santa Maria Style BBQ Rub, www.acebandito.com
    Grilling Sauce:
    1/2 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
    1/2 Cup[ EVOO
    1 Tbs Garlic Powder
    1 Tbs Fresh ground Black Pepper

Procedure:
    1 Sprinkled EVOO on tri-tips and then heavly coated with the rub on both sides. Set covered in glass dish in refrigerator for 6 hours. Took out about 2 hours before cook and left on counter to come to room temperature.
    BGE:
    1 Got the large BGE up to 650°F direct and seared the tri-tips 3 minutes per side. pulled off the BGE and tented with heavy duty aluminum foil. Set the BGE up for indirect with plate setter legs up and shut down vents until the temperature of BGE got to 400°F about 20-25minutes. The internal temperature was about 98° F when pulled and 109°f when placed back on the BGE. Placed tri-tips back on and marinated about every 5 minutes until it reached 125°F internal. Pulled and let rest for 15 minutes. Final internal temperature was 135°F. Medium
    2 The sauce used to cook was from "Morro Bay Rich" recipe for Santa Clara Tri-Tip. Thanks!

Preparation time: 30 minutes

Recipe Type
    Beef, Main Dish

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Richard, 10/24/07

And also--

http://eggsbythebay.com/Recipes.php
  • thanks richard
    certainly will give this one the try tomorrow. oh by the way the acebandito site doesn't seem to load. is that a particular commercial rub? or is there a recipe? or a method?
  • Richard Fl
    It is acommercial product I grabbed last summer at a store in Cape Canaveral. Just went to my storage file for spices and mine is under "L" for lost. Guess I need to get some more. This might work.

http://www.santamariabbqsalt.com/index.html
  • Richard Fl
    Lost is found. Container says black pepper, paprika, kosher salt, sugar, garlic, chili powder, ginger and spices. Kind of like the Morro Bay Rich seasoning.