Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Today I become a Egger!

Options
AlwaysGolf
AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Although the outdoor kitchen is still a couple of weeks away from being completed, will go pick up the egg today. Hour drive to Austin to pick up at BBQ Galore, guy says he can give me a good deal, we'll see. Has anyone dealt with them?

Still haven't decided between XL or Large/Small combo, since they would be about the same price. Plus a lot of good commments on the forum about having two different sizes.

Will post decision later today.

Great forum that helped me decide on the egg rather than the traditional charcoal grill.

thanks
alwaysgolf

Comments

• SWOkla-Jerry
    Options
    Welcome aboard Always. You sure do have some great golf courses down in your area, played a few myself. I get down to Austin occasionally, especially if Leon Russell is playin in your area. I will also be attending Oklahoma Eggfest in April in OKC, you might want to check this out. Happy Eggin.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Fantastic. Make sure you pick up some film for that digital camera too! :whistle: Haha
  • Double Bogey
    Options
    Welcome,
    Just in time for the Superbowl. I went with the large egg and then added a small to go with it. Seems to be a great combination. Often nice to be able to have the ability to cook at different temps at the same time. Post some pics of that new outdoor kitchen. We finished ours about a month ago and love it.
    Larry
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • KC
    KC Posts: 91
    Options
    Unless you cook massive quantities at one time and need an XL, I personally would lean toward a large and small egg so you can cook different things at temps at the same time or just fire up the small egg when you're only cooking for 1 or 2.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Absolutely go with the large small combo, there will be so many times when you are doing just 2 steaks or some brats that the small is perfect for. The large can feed a lot of people, 50+ with pulled pork. You also have the ability to cook different things at different temps at the same time. Either way, welcome to thew party. -RP
  • Squash
    Squash Posts: 37
    Options
    I've got a large and I love it. The outdoor kitchen project begins as soon as the snow is gone. (Stinkin' winter, I hate it) Then a small for sure. Good luck with the dealer.
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    I've personally had no luck dealing with BBQ GALORE.
    Hammer
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Congrats! I bought both my LBGE and SBGE from Scott over at BBQ Outfitters. Those guys will take care of you. I've noticed that the pricing over at the other place was higher. I'm liking the S/L combo, and will likely be picking up an XL at the EggFest here in Austin later in the spring. The pricing is much better for the demo eggs which are used for the festival.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    go with the large small combo

Picture.jpg

well unless you have a family of 12-15

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb