Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NEW POLL - please re-vote

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sorry Guys and Gals... Me BAD... :blush:

When I set up the new poll this morning, I didn't limit voting to only logged-in users as I intended, which allowed lurkers to vote, which was certainly not my intent. Additionally, I have re-worded the "Yes" response to be more clear, and added an "Other" selection for free-text responses.

Again, my appologies.

WPB

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    WPB

How do you submit the vote?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    You should be good to go now... let me know if you still have a problem... you WILL need to be logged in to vote in this poll.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    the poll is back, but didn't record my vote, FWIW
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Wondering if you reset the 'vote once' feature. I voted early thismorning, saw the above post and went in to revote.

The results are showing no votes as of yet.

Kent
  • East Cobb Eggy
    Options
    I voted "Yes" on the Karma. Additionally, I like WPB's idea of allowing to view those that have given you Karma.

I think this is a good way for people to understand who might be enjoying (or not enjoying) their posts.

Greg
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Options
    Unfortunately this karma thing just serves to stir up emotions for no good reason.

Don't we get enough flames using the Egg?
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Still don't have a submit option

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i revoted thanks again WMK & WPB and LAMA(whoever that is) ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    my system crashes when i vote so im not going to do that again, my vote would be that the webmaster is the only one that can take away karma and when some one reaches 3 strikes they are out.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    I agree with you. This karma thing according to WPB may just be a fun thing; however it has a lot of negative conotations.
    I disagree with the three strikes and you're out thinking some have posted. Hell there are a lot of good eggers on this forum whom have received a three or better negative rating.They have contributed day in and day out; and because someone got their feeling hurt because of a post or response they want to kick them out and be able to by a simple vote?
    This is not a popularity contest; its a cooking forum for Big Green Eggers; people who have to come on a forum like this and seeking a popular vote has more problems than the two couch doctors whom are my neighbors could handle.
    I vote to do away with it period!
    Hammer
  • Hammer
    Options
    I agree with the part that the Webmaster is the only one who could ban a forum member; but I totally disagree with your suggested three strikes and you're out part.
    This is a cooking forum; not a drunk driving; or a criminal case where there is a three strikes and you're through with driving in many states or going to the big house for three crimes.
    I generally agree with you on most things; but on this I think it is better to agree to disagree on this issue.
    Hammer
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Done. Mine had a hanging chad, though.
  • ttt
    ttt Posts: 12
    Options
    I is fraid that anobody out thare kin just vote me out...heck sometimes i evin use them bad words like ass and sphincter...hard to believ i kin just get barred by some body whoever just plane don't like them words...although who wouldn't like them is beyond me..they just plane seem to go together so well...wonce I thought a persons sphincter should be like at the bottom of their foot or something stead of where it is..so close to a part what you handle so much an all..then i hadda buddy what mode his lawn in the rain an lost mose of his foot...that's when i realized the spincter is prolly inna grate spot..I mean it aint like you is gonna go unda a mower so far your sphincter would be caught seein where it is..I think whoeva designed us wanted us to be able mow in any kinda whether or somethin an still make fine doodies.

My 2 cents.

StumpBaby
  • BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    My home page says there are currently no polls. How do I vote? I don't see anywhere to vote. Thanks, Tom
  • Well..I just got an email sayin I was banned! Now when I login it denies me

Wah!

StumpBaby
  • AlwaysGolf
    Options
    I don't have a submit button either
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Personally I don't give a hoot.. I know where 90% if my whooping negative Karma is coming from and if he doesn't have the guts to tell me what the hell I did to tick him off so badly why should I care. ;)

All the Karma does is give these spiteful people who have nothing better to do a toy.

@BBQBob Lets see how low you can get my Karma before it's eliminated. :woohoo:
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    I learned on the Simpsons that karma can only be apportioned out by the cosmos. So these buttons confuse me.

As to the who's online feature, I think that's semi-useful. I wouldn't cry if it was gone. And I think having it as a configurable option would be best. But I wouldn't suggest anyone doing work to make it configurable, since it's not that important to me. I guess my point is since it doesn't seem to be as applicable as, for instance, presence detection in a chat room or on an instant messenger platform, I think it's a nice to have but not required.

But I like these polls, and love being able to vote on these things. Thanks, WMK and WPB (ps...what does WPB stand for? Maybe that can be the next poll).
    Cornfed
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    I have gone in and now posted a couple of +'s just to get it up a little.

BTW did you reciece my email, is it something you can point me in the right direction?

Kent
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Greg,

I would think most people will on forum tell them they are tankful for a post, idea or instructions.

In contrast, people also post a comment if they disagree, heck strike and fishless are beatin me over the head down below. I don't agree with them but I do appreciate their thoughts and comments.

Kent
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    I have to agree, if people like a post, state so. If they have a problem, post and talk with the person.

There is a huge potential of people thinking they know who is posting negative when it may be someone else entirely, thus causing further problems.

Get rid of Karma entirely.

GG
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    scroll down on the left side. The vote tab is the submit button. Current results

Forum Features Poll
    Would you like to see Karma continue as a forum feature?
    Yes, if it is used in a responsible manner to reward those helping others!
    5 17.2%

No, I do not like it.
    12 41.4%

Give me a profile option to select whether or not to display my Karma (and allow others to applaud or smite me).
    3 10.3%

Do not care
    5 17.2%

Other
    4 13.8%

Would you like to see Who's Online continue as a forum feature?
    Yes, I like it!
    29 90.6%

No, I do not like it.
    0 0%

Give me an option in my profile to choose to list me in Whos's Online
    1 3.1%

Do not care.
    2 6.3%

Number of Voters : 33
    First Vote : Monday, 28 January 2008 15:40
    Last Vote : Monday, 28 January 2008 18:28
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Options
    Hey Pete,

Sure was satisfying to see you karma go from the unlucky number 2^3 to 3^2.

Let me know if I can be of any further help.

Boy oh boy is this rich.

Rich
  • Hammer
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    Don't know who BBQ Bob is; but I for one know how helpful you have been to various folks on the forum.
    Hammer
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    hey pete i have bumped you up already today and just now i could not do it again for a couple hours i guess i will hit it once before bed and once again in the morning!! you are too helpful.. and as far as miles is concerned i would not tell him all the secrets you taught me in Gwood... however i will come help again but i think i might be better off if i come and just root silently on you. i think i brought the black cloud with me. :laugh: :lol: :woohoo: :whistle:

also tell 12 step to not be a strasnger also i want him to email me when he gets a chance B);)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• ttt
    ttt Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm back! I guess I can't talk bout lawm mowas on here no more.

StumpBaby
  • Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Options
    I am signed in.
    I have not voted on the new new poll.
    There is no submit button.
  • East Cobb Eggy
    Options
    There are actually two survey questions.

Answer both and click the vote button.

Greg
  • Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Options
    I don't care if you want to call it Jake, There is no vote button.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    i think you may have taken that a little too literally, what i meant is that the webmaster gives a person several chances before making a decision to ban someone. i wouldnt want to see someone get banned over a misunderstanding or a bad night or just a difference of opinion. for what its worth, the karma numbers are a bad idea all around and ive been getting a couple emails about folks not wanting to post because of it.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it