Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs go great with fresh bread

Options
Braddog
Braddog Posts: 212
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
All this talk about bread, I had to try it. Admittedly, I didn't do the no-knead bread but I found a recipe that was pretty quick and only required the bread to rise for 2-3 hours. I think the bread may have been as popular as the ribs. Of course, the family has had my ribs lots of times before.

Anyway, here are some pics.

2466436680102898903S425x425Q85.jpg

4 racks of baby backs and a fatty for breakfast sandwiches this week.

2239212130102898903S425x425Q85.jpg

Cheers,
Braddog

Comments

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Wow, that bread looks amazing. I bookmarked the recipe - will have to try that soon. Do you have any pictures of it sliced up?

Great pictures - ribs looked fantastic as well.

Cheers,

TRex
  • Braddog
    Options
    I couldn't get to the camera fast enough to get pics after it was sliced.....well, that and I couldn't hold the camera with the butter knife in one hand and a slice of bread in the other. :P

I made 2 loaves from this recipe and have enough dough left for two more loaves. I'll try to get a shot of it sliced this week when we bake the rest.

BTW, I used bread flour rather than all-purpose. I also didn't bake it in the egg. As you can see, the egg was full of other tasty treats. I guess I need another egg!

Cheers,
    Braddog
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Cool - thanks for the details.

I wonder if one can half the recipe and if all the ingredients get cut in half, or if it's not 1:1. I would only need to do half a recipe at a time.

Thanks again!

TRex
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    This looks great!

Tip -- Slice the top of the bread diagonally from end to end, rather than across the bread.... This allows for a rapid rise when the bread first hits the heat, and results in a lighter texture.

~ B
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Nice job with the cook. I, too, will be doing some bread sometime this week, workload permitting.
  • Braddog
    Options
    Good question. I don't need as much dough as this made either, but it's kinda cool to have the extra in the dough in the refrigerator and ready to go this week. The recipe even said you coudl freeze it.

If you try to halve the recipe, let me know how it turns out.

Cheers,
    Braddog
  • Braddog
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. I gotta confess, I don't really know what I'm doing and haven't made fresh bread (outisde of a bread machine) since I was a kid and helped my mother.

But this was a lot of fun and my kids had fun helping.

Braddog