Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT; photoshop resizing

Options
FlaPoolman
FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Think I resized all my pics to avartar & can not get them back to original. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Howdy Poolmang
    You mean you downsized your images and saved them small??

I am mainly an artist, and not real technical-like, but any computer file, once saved, cannot be reverted back to the way it was before. So you make a copy of the file first (leaving the original in tact), then you rename your file ( say the original photo is named FlaPoolman...name it FlaPoolmanAvatar). So now you have two files. One is the unchanged full size original, and the other is your downsized avatar image. Best of both worlds.

Does that help, or did I misunderstand your question??
    Cheers!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Rick's Tropical Delight
    Options
    are you saying you resized an entire directory of photos with the photoshop batch routine?
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    No that helps. Think I screwed up big time. Hope most pics are still on the computer & I'll just have to reload them. Mad cause the cook pics tonight were good. Well if I have to screw up better with the pictures than the food. :(
    Thanks
    Pat
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    If they originals aren't still on the computer....maybe they're still on your camera???

Hoping anyways. Good luck, and don't scratch your head too hard. These dang computers!
    Cheers and good luck!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    I’ve been using VSO Image Resizer. I resize my photos to 640 x 480 for this forum and a fishing forum before hosting on Photobucket. Google VSO Image Resizer. VSO Image Resizer can be downloaded for free. After downloading an icon will be on your desktop. Double click the icon and then pick the photos you want to resize. You can resize one photo or several if they are stored in sequence by selecting the first one and then holding down the shift key and double clicking the last one. You will then be asked if you want to search the web for software upgrade - “no”. And lastly you will have an opportunity to pick what size you want – click OK and the resizing is done. The photos are stored in the same folder next to the originals with the size indicated in the file name.

Good Luck
    Options
    oh, man... when i do that resizing batch thing i always make a subdirectory called 'edit' and save the smaller images in there as well as changing the file name. that way the original files are left as there are.

i don't know if the edit/step backward tool will undo what happened, but it's worth a try!
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    not sure what I did but was trying to resize 1 photo to avatar. Now all pics are that small & can't get them back to original.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Do you have this sorted out yet?

Has photoshop been shut down?

If not there may still be a chance to correct the resize, however, if all pictures were resized, that may be a probem.

Hopefully they are still in the camera.

Did by chance you delete any of the pictures from within photoshop?

Kent
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Don't you hate it when command-Z doesn't do its job?

There is your business idea. Make "the undoer of all undoers!" We can undo even the undoable! Dang. I hope he gets it straightened out. What a drag.

Hmm...maybe command, control, shift, F4 and Z will do it?

Seeya
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    flapoolman,

are you using mac or windows?
    Options
    i just tried a test batch routine and the undo and step backward tool wouldn't undo. dang

sometime i really wish there was an undo button for life, kinda like that easy button on the commercials
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    That would be nice. But you know we would get too dependent on that button, and it would wear out.
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    "i really hate this damn machine.
    i wish that they would sell it.
    it doesn't do quite what i want.
    just only what i tell it."
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    Mac. but even reloading from I photo still lost quality
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Tell it what I want,
    Or I'll come back and haunt.

7205 posts for the Stikemang. Dang boy!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    dood. that's just since registering here.
    hahaha

(although i think a few of us registered here more than a year ago.)
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    I am on the windows side of things out here.

If I still have a photo available in photoshop I can always get back to the open state in the history section. If I go back to the open state I can loose a lot of editing steps but as long as I don't make any changes I can go back to the previous modified step.

Once I close the picture then I only have available what I saved.

If I deleted a file I can pull that deleted file out of the 'recycle bin' (deleted file record).

When I work with pictures I will take the original picture out of the camera and make the changes. I then save the file under a different name and or file extension. If I am happy with the result I will delete the original picture.

I am sorry to hear you are in this situation.

Kent
  • Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Options
    What version of iPhoto do you have? If you originally imported to iPhoto, and you have the latest version (I think it may have been there a version previous as well), there is a "revert to original" command on the "Photos" menu, with the image selected. That might help get them back...
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Did you happen to upload them to Photo Bucket or a similar site? If so you can probably retrieve them.

Rascal