Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

new recipe?

Options
FlaPoolman
FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooking steak (TRex) for me but trying something different for Mrs Pool.
Blacken small swordfish steak (about 1/2 lb but 1 inch thick) remove and saute red bell peppers, mushrooms, garlic and capers. Return fish to mix and add 1 1/2 cups precooked rice with diced tomatoes, lime juice & cilantro. Cover & simmer till done. (thinking about 5 to 7 min. Any suggestions or alterations??
Will post pics if comes out good :unsure: If not please sendflowers to Fla memorial care of poolman.

Pat

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    Options
    Blackened Swordfish.

the ingredients

100_1588.jpg

Blakened swordfish slightly under cooked

100_1589.jpg

Peppers, mushrooms & garlic

100_1590.jpg

Finished product

100_1591.jpg

Mrs. Pool loved it. No need to send flowers ;)
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    Sorry. Forgot to resize. Might have to send flowers after all

100_1588.jpg

100_1589.jpg

100_1590.jpg

100_1591.jpg
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    Yes I can cook, but the puter pisses me off. Think there is a major error between operator & keyboard. I'll have to work on that, but swordfish & TRex steak were great.
    sorry again for poor pic's.

Pat
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Your pictures are sized to 100 x 75 pix. On a screen that is about 1.5" x 1".

Most screens display 72 pixels per inch (some 82 pix)

On screen if you want a:
    10" wide picture = 720 pix.
    8" wide = 576 (570)
    6" wide = 432 (450)
    5" wide = 360 (350)
    4" wide = 288 (290)
    for detail getting below this is pretty small

Kent
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    Thanks Kent. I tried to resize for an avatar & having problems getting back.
    Almost tossed the computer out the window but stopped when wife said how good the swordfish was. I'll figure it out later I hope but food was great tonight.

Thanks Buddy

Pat
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    I was reading about the avatar and it requires 70 x 70 max. The picture you have above is too wide and too tall.

I want to put up an animated gif but I haven't had the time to draw and put the frames together.

I am guessing the avatar has to be approved by WMK before it will show up.

If the only problem you are having is getting the size email me the picture I will be happy to resize it for you and email it back.

The picture needs to be square or it will have to be resized/croped or 'pixes pushed' on one side/bottom.

Kent
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    My screwup was resizing all photobucket pics to minimal then cant change back. I'm sure the main problem is between the operator & the keyboard. :blush: be nice to ping WKM on this but I own the prob.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    i haven't tried to resize witnin photobucket. use your image editing progran and resize to 70 x70 pix then save and upload to forum. or upload to photobucket then to forun - i think the extra stet isn't necessary or even might not work. the personal info puct uploaded irectly from my systen