Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who cares about rain?!

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:

I put two slabs of spare ribs on a few hours ago on the Egg on the right and then about an hour ago put the baked potatoes, some sweet onions and roasting some garlic on the Egg on the left.

A few minutes ago the rain started coming down so I just had to get a shot of the Eggs cooking away (pic from the back door). Left Egg at about 350 dome, right Egg at about 250 dome and steam coming off both like crazy. Still have about an hour before the food comes off, hope the rain lets up by then.

P1190004.jpg

Will have pics of the food later.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Nice setup you got!
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • SSN686
    Options
    Morning cookn biker:

Thanks for the kind words. http://mysite.verizon.net/respulq1/index.html the link will take you to our website that has a few more pictures and the construction effort.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    A little rain in Florida is good for knocking the dust off the roof and making weeds grow.

But I understand that Mother Nature only allows dry ice and dry water to fall on Atlanta.

Meanwhile, we got plenty of rain... the wet kind.

Gotta figure that Mother Nature loves us more.

Spring "Living Life In The Very Slow Lane" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • 2EggTim
    2EggTim Posts: 170
    Options
    Haven't seen you commit yet. Are you coming the Florida Eggfest?
  • SSN686
    Options
    Morning Spring Chicken:

I'll take the rain over snow ANY day! It is starting to let up, the company (son, DIL and grandson) just showed up, so I guess it is about time to take things off and start eating.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SSN686
    Options
    Morning 2EggTim:

We haven't committed yet because we aren't sure yet if we can make it at all. We have two different church related events that day that we are supposed to be at, but we may skip the longer of the two and come up after the shorter one is over. Will decide after we get back from the cruise next week.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Had the rain a few days ago during cook so set up umbrella. cook went great but wife & I woke up at 1 am (spring chicken haden't posted yet :) ) with bumping on the roof. Went out and found umbrella bouncing off the roof held by the extension cord I had attached to the light tied to what was now a kite. ( I forgot to lock it in ). Unfortunately
    :kiss: she didn't take pic's of me flying my grill shelter so we are still married. Don't ask about it at the Fla Eggfest, I'll deny everything :angry: . Well the food ,TRexed #2 porterhouse was great.

Pat
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Nice picture you painted in our minds. Now we can laugh out loud in a crowd and they won't know what we're laughing at.

Thanks for the visual of what I suspect was an eventful evening.

Spring "Fun And Frolic Starts With Each Of Us Then Spreads" Chicken
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    You're like the mailman Jay. You always deliver. Looking forward to the pics.

Mike
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Just warned my wife that she better stay on my side. She laughed. :(

Pat
  • 2EggTim
    2EggTim Posts: 170
    Options
    I hope you can make it. It was a real pleasure meeting you there. Not to mention sampling the corn souffle and the the shrimp burgers, just to name two off the top of my head I can think of, that you did last year.
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    I just finished 2 chickens on the large and a 2 bone in rib roast on the small, in the rain. Had friends in from out of town. They said with all the egg talk from me, I earned it. They could not believe the taste. Also how I did not have to stand over it flipping the chicken. Jay, be careful my weather alert has gone off a few time tonight.
  • SSN686
    Options
    Morning Al:

All done cooking and the weather has cleared, just sprinkling now. Are you on duty tomorrow or will you be on next weekend?

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Nice set-up!!

Egg envy (probably would not be pretty, she would blow a gasket or something). :)
    Susan Egglaine
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    Was gonna throw a pork loin on tonight but the rain was just to much here. The wife says you wont melt and laugh. I told her I wont melt but the EGG would if I started it up. So the Pork Loin will wait till tomorrow for the games I told her. Hope those Ribs came out great for ya.

PBM
  • SSN686
    Options
    Morning Pork Butt Mike:

The Egg won't melt and the ribs did turn out just fine (see post above about "last Egged meal").

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL