Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Warrantee Questions

Options
East Cobb Eggy
East Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought my EGG as a lifetime purchase based on a lifetime warrantee.

However, since I have been on the site, I have heard about people repairing fire rings, fire boxes, and multiple replacements of gaskets.

Can someone explain how the warrantee works and what is covered?

Thanks,
Greg

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    all ceramics that are in the egg when you purchase.. they are warranteed from breakage due to heat exposure..

the gasket is a maitnence item

the plastesetter is proabably covered for all heat related illnesses but i am not sure..

pizza stone too but i have not heard of a platesetter or a BGE pizza stone cracking from heat only from dropping (i did it myself) ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    The warrantee is on the BGE website. If you have questions, the best thing to do is ask BGE since you will get varied opinions here. Good luck!
    The Naked Whiz
  • East Cobb Eggy
    Options
    Yeah, the first time I used a normal oven mit to grab a hot plate setterI almost dropped it.

That was the point when I realized that I needed some of the Orkas.

Greg
  • East Cobb Eggy
    Options
    Thanks.

I just want to make sure that I am covered.

Greg
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Options
    In my opinion people fix fire rings, fire boxes, etc. because we have too much admiration for a company that unconditionally stands behind their product. If we can fix something and not put unnecessary demands on them we will.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The problem I ran into with the warrantee was that my local dealer would charge me shipping and handling. To replace my cracked firering would be $30+ in s&h. so I'm still using it and it works as well in two pieces as it did in one.

The mothership suggested I ask my dealer to see if they can send the fire ring when they send another shipment of Eggs or parts. I haven't found out about that yet, but my firebox is cracked now too.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i use the ove glove actually two of them ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    IMPORTANT re: WARRANTY

When your fire ring and/or firebox crack [then crack some more over time], which they will do --

Report this right away to your dealer and have him order your replacement if he doesn't have them in stock.

That said -- Explain that you'd like him to have them sent along with his "regular" order for his store. That way, you won't get stuck paying shipping [which can be high an a single order item].

Then -- suggestion... Stash the "new" firebox/fire-ring in a safe place, and continue to use your broken one as long as possible... which, in some cases, means several years. This way, down the road, when the fire-ring/firebox really is completely toast, you'll have the replacements on hand, ready to go.

I am discovering that, with both a broken firebox and fire-ring, I notice no complications with my cooks. I know full well these interior parts will continue to sowly degrade... but I'm patient.

~ Broc
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Bob,

If you purchased via a dealer, your firering should be replaced free. I can understand the charging of shipping. The handling is done by BGE on the origination.

Hopefully, the dealer wouldn't charge you to receive the part, and if they do have the part shiipped directly to you. All the better if the dealer would have the part shipped on their regular shipment form BGE.

Kent
  • East Cobb Eggy
    Options
    Good advice.

Thanks,
    Greg