Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This is hilarious!

Options
Michael B
Michael B Posts: 986
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Unless, of course, you’ve been invited to their house for dinner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo2fQNOe-TA&feature=related

I don’t know, the celery might be ok?

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
  • Michael B
    Options
    I think there are going to be some hungry people ordering Chinese in that house.
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    That looks like a pizza night in that house hold.

PBM
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    My mother isn't much of a cook. In fact she's terrible at it. Once she unwittingly substituted finch food (thistle) for wild rice in a shrimp & wild rice casserole. (And then there's my grandmother - who used her oven as a file cabinet, but she's another story.)

I recall very clearly one Thanksgiving when my father had gone to Maryland with 4 of his buddies to pick up his new boat. They had encountered bad weather, rough seas, and a drunk front or two and were behind schedule, leaving my mother to plan a menu & shop for Thanksgiving dinner, something that she is incapable of executing even to this day. When she arrived home from Publix she hauled the turkey out of the bag, pointed at it and said " I am NOT going to put MY hand in that thing!"

We ended up driving a couple of hours north, up to Vero Beach, to get my father and uncle off the boat so that they could cook Thanksgiving dinner.
  • Michael B
    Options
    That's pretty bad. But then, my wife (Debbie) wouldn't have done any better. At least the women in the video appeared to be trying to do something with the turkey. I bet it is the last time they do though. If I wasn't here to cook, Debbie would buy split chicken breasts.
    My mom could take a live turkey and have it prepped and in the oven in an hour.
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    It sounds like you got a good mom.
  • Michael B
    Options
    Had. And yes.
    Farm gal from Nebraska.
    She died in '63.
    Grandparents died in '84 and '86.
    Nobody should have to bury their child.
  • Michael B
    Options
    Well, maybe.

The last pig on the farm I grew up on was raised by my mom and uncle for 4-H.
    To do well at the Nebraska State Fair the pig would have to look good, so part of its daily care was to give it a good rubdown with a stiff brush. The pig took it like a family dog; scrub its back and it would roll over so you could scrub its belly.
    The fair came and went, and the pig got a 2nd place ribbon.
    On arriving back home, grandpa went out to the pen and scrubbed that pig’s back with the brush.
    The pig did what it always did and rolled over, at which time grandpa cut its throat.
    Good Eats.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    I know what these babes are gonna be making for dinner: Reservations.
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    Just think of all the yummy stock we could make with the necks-'n-stuff thrown out by people who don't know any better!

:woohoo: