Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings

Options
Ray
Ray Posts: 59
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am looking for a good wing recipe I can take to a basketball party
on Sunday. Since I have church obligations in the morning I have to make them today and reheat them on Sunday. Since I am the only KU
fan at a party full of Missouri Tiger fans they have to be good!
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks-Ray GO KANSAS!

Comments

• Stogie
    Stogie Posts: 279
    Options
    Ray,[p]I have tried many and this is one of the best. I got this from the BBQForum and have no idea who to credit.[p]These wings are are very close to the "original" wings that many folks still crave. Be sure to use Frank's Red Hot Sauce.[p]I also get the best results from deep frying. You can warm them the next day in an oven.[p]I have also made these using the frozen chicken tenders that are sold in the freezer section.....when on sale, they can be as cheap as wings![p]Hot Wings [p]3 - 4 pound(s) Chicken wings[p]COATING
    1 tablespoon Chili powder
    1 tablespoon Cayenne pepper
    1 tablespoon White pepper
    1 tablespoon Black pepper
    1 tablespoon Cumin
    1 tablespoon Salt
    1 tablespoon Garlic powder[p]SAUCE
    1 cup Red hot sauce
    1 Stick Butter
    1/2 tablespoon Cayenne pepper
    1/2 tablespoon Garlic powder[p]PREPARATION:
    Combine the ingredients for the coating.[p]Sprinkle or roll the wings in this seasoning until covered.[p]Deep fry wings until crisp. You can also grill at 400º for about 20-25 minutes.[p]Heat the sauce ingredients to dissolve.[p]Toss the finished wings in this sauce to coat.[p]This is best done in a large freezer storage bag.
    [p]

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    wing8.jpg
    <p />Ray,[p]Here is my favorite - ChefRD's hot wings! These go faster than free money.[p]http://BigGreenEgg.com/recipes/poultry/chicken/poultry0083.htm[p]Tim
    [ul][li]ChefRD's Hot Wings[/ul]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Ray,
    While ChefRD's wings are righteous, they are best hot off the grill. For transporting I would do a non-breaded version....the beow link being my favorite! Squirt some sriracha chili sauce in there if you like em screamin'.[p]Have a blast!
    NB

[ul][li]Tanker Tim's Killer Okinawan Wings[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • K'Hawk
    K'Hawk Posts: 4
    Options
    Ray,[p]I know the feeling, I am the only Jayhawk fan in Springfield, MO. Go Hawks, I also vote for the RD wings, even Mizzou fans will have enough taste to enjoy them.[p]KHawk
  • Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Options
    Stogie, thank you sire, that is destined to be my next wing ding...sounds great.....always looking to improve the "wing"[p]Mop