Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

From brain to belly!

Options
slyrye
slyrye Posts: 135
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I woke this morning, 5:30 to be exact, and was still thinking of Natureboy's chuck roast. Trip to butcher shop and 3 1/2 lbs later came home with dinner. Thanks Chris, this was awesome! I rubbed with Cow Lick and Raising the Steaks. The whole neighborhood had the wonderful aroma of this beauty! Some boiled taters and carrots, Life is GOOD!

PICT0243.jpg

PICT0247.jpg

I'm Slyrye and i approve this message

Comments

• DynaGreaseball
    Options
    Looks great! Did you start off with higher temps, then cut back for a low and slow? How long did it take? I bought one too, but haven't cooked it yet.
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Beautiful!! Just plum beautiful!

Now, like Dyna said, DETAILS, MAN, DETAILS!!

Wishin' I had eaten THAT for dinner,

TRex
  • slyrye
    Options
    Started out at 300 dome, direct, after 1 hr turned meat over and left for another hour. Took off egg and brought temp down to 240-245. Chris really hit temps on the mark, meat was 169 when i pulled it. Meat temp lowered to 142 waiting for the egg to lower.
    I put the meat back on and let go for another 2 hours, at 170 i foiled and added 1/4 cup beef stock, and shut egg down for final 2 hrs. I let it sit for rest before carving. It was definitely worth it!
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Nice - thanks. Did you record the final meat temperature? Just wonderin' if 190ish is the "done" temp on this cut.

Again, looks great.

TRex
  • slyrye
    Options
    Trex
    Chris pulled his at 200, i pulled mine off at 192, my sides were done. Next time i will let it go to 200 and see if there is a difference. This was very, very juicy and tender
    Marty