Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

coffee encrusted pork tenderloin recepie

Options
BENTE
BENTE Posts: 8,337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
well i have lost my computer :( and am awaiting a disk from microsoft so i can reboot it (should be here 3-4 days :angry: ). but in the meantime i was going to make the coffee encrusted pork tenderloin and since my computer does not work i cannot get the recepie does anyone have it handy??? :unsure:

thanks

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Found this posted byQBabe's Coffee-Crusted Pork Tenderloins
    Description: It sounds like an unlikely combination, but the flavor combination is one of the most FANTASTIC I've ever had. Give it a try!
    Ingredients: • 4 Tbs freshly ground coffee beans • ¾ tsp ground cumin
    • 4 tsp coarse salt, kosher or sea • ¾ tsp ground coriander
    • 4 tsp dark brown sugar • ¾ tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    • 2 tsp sweet paprika • 1-2 lb pork tenderloin (usually come 2 to a pkg)
    • 1 ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper • 2 Tbs canola oil
    • 1 ¼ tsp garlic powder
    • 1 ¼ tsp onion powder

Instructions: In a small bowl, mix together the coffee, salt, brown sugar, paprika, black pepper, garlic and onion powders, cumin, coriander and cocoa.
    Sprinkle the rub on the tenderloins.
    Drizzle the tenderloins with oil and rub it in well.
    Wrap in plastic wrap and let sit for at least 4 hours (overnight is better).

Preheat the egg to 300° - 325° dome temperature.
    Cook tenderloins direct on a raised grid for about 30-45 minutes, flipping every 10 minutes, until they reach an internal temperature of 145°.
    Remove from cooker and let rest 5-10 minutes before slicing.

Notes: Serve with Redeye Barbecue Sauce (see Sauces section)
    Number Of Servings: Source: Inspired by a Raichlen recipe, but modified some..
    Qbabe
  • BENTE
    Options
    thanks B)
    i hate not having my computer :unsure:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Mustard
    Mustard Posts: 28
    Options
    Bente,

Not the recipe usually referred to on this forum, but for steaks I use:

Star Anise and Coffe Rub
    5 or 6 pods star anise
    1 tablespoons whole coffee beans
    1 tablespoon black peppercorns
    2 teaspoons salt
    1 teaspoon sugar

Grind everything to whatever coarsness you like.

For steaks, I literally roll the steak in the rub until it will not hold anymore and then after it sits a while, I do it again. Seared over high heat, it produces something pretty close to blackened.

I tried it on pork tenderloin last week and it was a bit strong for the pork. I will use it again, but with half as much star anise, a little more coffee and only one coating of rub.

It is a different taste (a little bit little bit like licorice), so you might want to "try" it on a small piece before you go all in with it...

Greg
  • Babyray
    Babyray Posts: 250
    Options
    After you have finished this cook, Do you find a problem biting down on coffee grounds while eating? We like coffee, but don't know how pleasant this would be.
  • BENTE
    Options
    sounds pretty good i will ask you for that one later once i get my puter back

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    You need to grind the coffee pretty fine or you will get the coffee grounds in your teeth.
    The Naked Whiz