Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burgers

Options
Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just got done with about 60 hours of work and 600 miles of driving in the past 4 days. Got home and coated some 80% lean ground beef with kosher salt and a silly amount of black pepper. Grilled two burgers at about 500*, flipping once, until medium rare. Melted one slice of Pathmark "Cheese Food" on each burger and added two small Schorr's Garlic and Onion pickles (my favorite commerical pickle) on each burger. Threw each burger on these excellent fresh onion rolls and topped with ketchup and French's mustard. Very simple, and very excellent.[p]Rough week, and according to my watch it's about 3 hours past beer thirty, so I'm off to the fridge.[p]Great weekends to everyone!
Cornfed

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Cornfed:[p]I have weeks like that . . . Sometimes it is those simple things, grilled burgers or dogs, that end up giving you satisfaction. My delight is when I find good lean meat at a good price and grind my own for that special burger.

• ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    Options
    Cornfed,
    you know...
    that's a damn good idea!
    haven't done burgers yet and I do love them so
    hmmm....

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    djm5x9,
    Did some burgers this past weekend...and I`m here to tell ya..when the craving for a burger hits ya, even the finest steak wont take it away...I seem to get that about once a month..and I gots ta make some burgers....had great compliments from a guest that had never even heard of the egg...[p]Wess

• Marv
    Marv Posts: 177
    Options
    WessB, Isn't it just terribly surprising how many folks that like to cook BBQ have never heard of the BGE?[p] I suggested to my salesman (store manager) that I come down and do a cook on my egg this spring sometime to help him sell MORE. The store is a fireplace store with a small space allocated for the egg.[p] I hope he takes me up on my offer as I have said before, I love to cook for others even if it is for free.[p]Marv

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Marv ,
    thats the beauty of Eggfest...giving and sharing..and the Egg in general..we lay no boundries in the name...its all about Q`in...[p]Wess

• Cornfed, have you ever tried the flavored butters in the middle of the patty ? its great for real lean beef , adds good flavor and stops the patty from drying out if its overcooked a bit . reg

• Cornfed
    Options
    reg,[p]I've never tried that, but it sounds interesting. Do you have any suggestions on flavored butters? I've read a little on creating flavored butters from this Julia Child cookbook I have (I know, I know. It's a little fruity reading Julia Child cookbooks...), but I've never tried making them myself.[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• Cornfed, nothing wrong with JC's books , she's a bit of an antique now but knows her stuff . you can use any herb or combination of herbs and spice thats suit's your taste . one of my favorites is tarragon and garlic . let the butter come to room temp , mix (whip)in what you want , put it in waxed paper and make into a 1" roll . into the fridge to set and thats it . when you need a piece just cut it off . nothing to it , make a few different ones and have a good inventory . reg
  • Cornfed
    Options
    reg,[p]Sounds excellent. Thanks! I'll try the tarragon and garlic as a start.[p]Cornfed