Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken wings

Options
Dawgtired
Dawgtired Posts: 632
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've got some chicken wings marinating in a homemade jerk sauce that I'm trying for the first time but the smell is awsome!!! I'm a litlle concerned about the heat and wanted to try something milder for the ones I left out just in case the kids don't like them. I love Chef RD's and that's what I normally cook, so I'm looking for something a little different. Anything y'all have done lately that "rocked your world"?
Oh yeah....GO DAWGS!!!!!!

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    WingsDoneSmall1.jpg
    <p />dawgtired,[p]Lemon pepper wings. Just cook them with a pinch of salt. When done, take them off into a large bowl with some melted butter. Toss in the butter. Sprinkle generously with lemon pepper or Shakin' the Tree rub, then back on the grid for 10 minutes to set and crisp.[p]
  • Dawgtired
    Dawgtired Posts: 632
    Options
    Fidel,
    Did these come out crispy? My kids don't care for the ones with so called "mushy skin". I realize this has more to do with cooking technique than with the recipe. If they were crispy, what temp did you use? It looks like you got some on both grids.

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Dawgtired,[p]I cook them at 375-400 indirect for about an hour or so. They come out very crispy. You have to turn them once during the cook and keep an eye on them. There is a pretty small window between mushy-yummy crispy-overdone. They may not all be done at the same time - you just need to keep an eye on them. I do the lemon pepper for my kids who hate anything spicy and they eat 'em up.[p]What you see on the lower grid is some that are dusted with Jamaican Firewalk then tossed in Anchor bar sauce. Those are for the adults.[p]When I do two batches I will move them from top grid to bottom grid to try and keep them close to done at the same time. Top grid will cook faster.[p]I
  • Suck Creek Wings
    Options
    Dawgtired,[p]Drop them in 400 degree oil for about 60 seconds after you take them off the grill. Perfectly crisp.