Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Butt of an experiment!

Options
Chrisinhouston
Chrisinhouston Posts: 48
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Running an experiment on Pork Butt Roast cooking. I put 2 on the BGE this morning, each in the 5-6 lb range. One was rubbed with a rub with a mix of kosher salt, blk pepper, dry garlic and mustard, cummin and corriander. I smeared honey mustard on first, then the rub.

The other had a mix of Old Bay, garlic, ginger, paprika, salt and pepper but I went a little asian with some soy and Chinkiang vineagar to make a paste.

It is raining and chilly (48 F) and I have the BGE at about 300F for a few hours and then will wrap the meat in foil and cook at 200-225 for the remainder of the day. I'm not cooking to pull, just to slice and serve.

I'll post some pics later. I plan to give one Butt to my neighbor tomorrow, he lives alone now as his wife is in a nursing home.

Comments