Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New forum switch clarification

Options
WMK
WMK Posts: 1,747
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Everyone,[p]Just to clarify, when we make the official swtich, attempts to access this forum will be redirected automatically to the new one. There will be no question as to when that happens. So there's no need to guess:-).[p]We are still working to ensure everyone is able to use the new forum, and looking into some slow response issues with the database. [p]We will attempt the switch soon; however, I've noticed that when everyone is using the new forum, the database gets a bit sluggish. I'm still waiting to hear from "the powers that be" about a server upgrade to better handle our increased volume (on either "side"). And, I'm also looking into what can be done to improve performance via software upgrades or changes.[p]Stay tuned,
WMK[p]WMK

Comments

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    WMK, Will any of the archives from this board be available?[p]Rascal

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Thanks for everything you are doing...this is going to be nice once we get over the initial adjustments...

Wess
  • mb168
    mb168 Posts: 265
    Options
    Thank you!!!!!!!! So far I'm already reading threads MUCH quicker. 1074.gif
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Captain Kirk: More power Scotty! I need more power!
    Scotty: Captain, she's given all she's got to give!
    Captain Kirk: More power Scotty! We need warp 9.3!
    Mr. Spock: Captain, warp values beyond 9.1 are problematic, indeed highly improbable.
    Captain Kirk: Now's no time for logic, Spock, I need more power!
    Bones: Jim, are you mad? You'll have the blood of every crew member on your hands!
    Captain Kirk: Scotty, warp 9.3 NOW!
    Scotty: Aye, Captain and a wee bit more!

More power, WMK! :woohoo:
    The Naked Whiz
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    Rascal,[p]Yes, they are all available now as well.
    There is no "archive" section on the new forum yet, though we may create different categories for archive messages in the future.
    You can scroll through the current "archives" by using the paging controls at the top of the new forum's index. And, when you search the new forum, the archives are included in the search (and sometimes you get way too much information -- we will work to improve the search features in the future once we get all the basic issues resolved).[p]WMK