Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rolled Roast help wanted!!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
roast.jpg
<p />I went to Shaws and they had really nice boneless pork roasts on sale. I asked the butcher if I could get one sliced up so I could try a "roll" type roast. They have many on display, beef and pork, but I figured I'd try one myself.....even had them give me free string to tie it up!! Well....now I just need to know one thing....how do I cook it!? Do I do it like a regular roast? Use a V-Rack? Direct or Indirect? I am watering at the mouth to try this (Pork, Spinach, cheese, seasoned bread crumbs).......Any and all advice would be GREAT!! I'll be sparking up the egg in a few!! Man am I hungry!!

Comments

• Trout Bum
    Options
    Tom D.,
    I would cook it indirect at 325-350 degrees. Use the plate sitter with the legs up (or appropiate setup), drip pan with water in center of sitter, grill on top of legs and roast on the grill. Check the water about every 30 minutes and add as necessary. Will probably make great gravy. Cook untill 160 internal in the meat not stuffing, that might be the hard part.
    B D