Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon Marinade Question

Options
Willie Lump Lump
Willie Lump Lump Posts: 229
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last week my wife brought home salmon from our local market that was in little plastic bags with a marinade in it. This is the high rent super market so I trusted their product but thought it best to cook it that evening.
I did it indirect at 300 degrees with a chunk of alder wood. Turned out great. Both the fish (salmon) and the slow bake are forgiving for those that are afraid to try fish on the Egg.
What is in this kind of marinade? Most fish will start to cook a little with any kind of acid in the marinade in a fairly short time. This supermarket must have something figured out.
Appreciate any ideas.[p]TTFN

Comments

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Options
    Willie Lump Lump,
    they figured if they left out the acid, it was ok to marinade a few days in a plastic bag. You can marinate fish for a couple of days if you use fresh herbs and spices:
    crushed garlic, chopped ginger, ground toasted cumin seeds, chopped chili peppers, cilantro, bay leaves, and even a little fresh rosemary. Add a little olive oil, and your cooking. Just leave out the acid, ie. lemon juice, wine, italian dressing, etc.[p]Hope this helps.

• Willie Lump Lump
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    Thanks.