Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Calibrate those eggs

AvocadosAvocados Posts: 465
edited 12:37AM in EggHead Forum
Last week I calibrated everything in preporation for all the holiday cooking.
Four BGE dome thermometers, two Stoker pit probes, and four meat probes:[p][url= stuff/?action=view¤t=calibrate.jpg]calibrate.jpg[/url][p]The orange thing over the pot of boiling water is a piece of 10 gauge Romax electrical wire that is pretty rigid, but bendable. The spring loaded clamp on it allowed me to slide in/out the probes and securely held the tips down in the middle of the water.[p]The boiling temperature will vary depending on your altitude and current barometric pressure. Mine was 210.5 at the time.[p]You can use this online calculator to find out the exact boiling point at your location.

• Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Dude, that was cool! Apparantly, we boil in Jackson at 211.2 degrees. I thought so!Haha. What are you doing up, don't you have to entertain tomorrow.

• AvocadosAvocados Posts: 465
    Just finished rubbing and injecting five butts that will go on tomorow evening sometime. They spent the last 24 hours in a brine.[p]I had a little bit of Blanton's fine Kentucky bourbon last night and stayed up waaaayyyyy too late cooking after coming home from a party so I'm ready to go hibernate now.[p]
    I'm curious about the brine you used, if you have time. If not, that's fine, get some sleep.

• BBQMavenBBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Jackson, MS?

Kent Madison MS
    Jackson, Ga.