Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

St. Louis-style Spare Ribs -- Yay!

Options
Beanie-Bean
Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
<a href=IMG_9133.jpg</a>">
<p />IMG_9134.jpg[p]Note the neglected Weber Kettle in the background...[p]IMG_9135.jpg
IMG_9138.jpg
IMG_9139.jpg[p]Thanks, everyone! I appreciate all the good information out on the sites regarding the proper trimming and preparation for the St. Louis-style Spare Ribs.[p]Here is the cooking info:[p]Jack Daniels chips (soaked)
single chunk of hickory, nice sized
250 dome with inverted plate setter, and an aluminum half tray for the drip pan
Start: 08:45
Flip: 11:45, then flipped/spritzed every hour
End: 14:30[p]No foil whatsoever. I used the rib rack to give me a bit more surface area, because the ribs were a bit longer than what would fit on the Large BGE, and I wanted the ribs laying down flat, not standing up in the rack.[p]No sauce on the ribs, either. It was just one rack of JH Pecan, and the other one Dizzy Dust. Boy am I glad I picked those things up yesterday. The trimmings didn't quite last the entire cook, either. I had the grate extender sitting on top of the v-rack, and all those pieces were pulled during the spritzing/turning checkpoints.[p]I'll be doing more of these in the future--they are excellent coming from the BGE![p]-Mike[p]

Comments