Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime rib au jus

Options
Mega Egga
Mega Egga Posts: 45
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Can you use the drippings for au jus, and if so, how do you keep from burning it?....thanks

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    Mega Egga,
    we made one the other night and mad a au jus with the drippings i did not make myself but we talked about how to make it.. we just used the drippings (just add water to the drip pan during the cook make sure to keep it wet and it will not burn), and some cornstarch and salt pepper but HERE is how bobby flay makes a prime rib with au jus..... we followed mad max's
    gasket12-18-07003.jpg[p]
    gasket12-18-07009.jpg[p][p]happy eggin
    tb[p][p]

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• DynaGreaseball
    Options
    Mega Egga,[p]Fidel advised me to put spacers under the drip pan. Something like copper L's or 4 wadded up pieces of aluminum foil. It helps keep the bottom of the pan a little cooler and less likely to scorch the drippings. I'll be doing the same thing on Christmas afternoon. He also said that a good cut of meat should render over a cup of drippings. My wife will take that, separate the grease from the gravy, add some red wine and chopped up mushrooms, and reduce it down a little on the cook top, (and maybe add a little broth if needed for more volume) while I get the temperature of the egg down and reverse sear.[p]Wish me luck with mine, and good luck with yours.[p]Happy Holidays,[p]