Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Is it Spring in the Miswest?

GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
edited 1:20PM in EggHead Forum
02_28_0017_39_02.jpg
<p />I put my Mexican Meatloaf on the BGE at 4:30 and took a quick trip around the yard. The first flower of the spring is blooming, a Crocus pushing through the remnants of the winter. In the Midwest, this is the time that most of us wait for – we may still get some more snow and ice, but the warm spring sun isn’t far away. [p]Life is GOOD!

·

Comments

• GrumpaGrumpa Posts: 861
    Gfw,[p]You are a Master with that camera![p]
    ·
  • Gfw,
    Wow! What a photograph! That is great. Be sure to let us know how Mexican meatloaf turns out.

·
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    WallyWood.jpg
    <p />SpiceCooks, there are a few things in life that are almost guaranteed - spring will eventually replace winter and the Mexican Meatloaf will be PERFECT - followed your excellent directions - 1.5 hours at 350 degrees to an internal temp of 160 degrees - the result was PERFECT. Topped the servings with a little of Gfw's BBQ Sauce - GREAT! [p]And to think, I used to hate meatloaf. This was our 3rd experience - last time we made 2 loaves and froze the 2nd – this one sat in the freezer since 02/03 – thawed it last night – makes for a quick and fast dinner. Ranger 1 and his family had the same great (his picture) experience.[p]Thanks for sharing![p]
    [ul][li]Mexican Meatloaf[/ul]
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,341
    Bob,
    Yeah, like he says. "just point and shoot".
    Yeah right. Gordon is a natural. And a modest one.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • Gfw,[p]I didn't bring enough summer clothes with me, dang I wasn't expecting this kind of weather......I got my Mojo working baby yeah! [p]I picked up my mini today and did a couple of Amana Fillets from the good ole' Hy-Vee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![p]I had to laugh the first time I saw the little guy, and my 4 year old daughter has named it her "little green egg"[p]now I'm debating if I should take it apart and mail it back to England in peices or try and carry it on the plane.[p]One thing that really shocked me was the increase in prices,
    holy-cow when is BGE going public?[p]
    Cheers,[p]TT

·
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Tanker Tim, Hya Tanker,,hey, where are ya. Still in Big D or elswhere? If in Big D, lets see if I can round ya up a measurable amount of charcoal to haul back.
    Let me know..I can get a bunch here by friday at True Value.
    Char-Woody[p]

·
  • Char-Woody,[p]Thanks for the offer, but I've scouted out a few prospects here in town, one being a True Value.[p]It's going to be hard to adjust to the weather in England when we go back.[p]
    Cheers,[p]TT[p]

·
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Tanker Tim, OK my friend, you have a great vacation while here..If you need a Egg Meal give me a call!...
    C~W[p]

·