Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Part II of Egg On Porch Question

Options
Eager Egger
Eager Egger Posts: 236
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife thinks my idea of putting our BGE on the back porch is great! Even signed off on my purchase of a table for the LBGE. I am busy these days at work, so I wont have time to build one. The one from our local BGE supplier is cedar and in the $499.00 price range. Are there others available at or below this price point that are as good or better?
Miek

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    EagerEgger,
    If it were me, I"d build(or have built) the cabinet that I'd house the egg in later in the outdoor kitchen. You can always change the exterior later if it becomes dated.

• Grill Goddess
    Options
    EagerEgger,[p]Russ will have to email you a picture of the table he built. He built a "lazy susan" on which the egg sits so that we can turn the egg into the wind to get the fire started quicker. He also included a sink which we hook a garden hose to.[p]It's basically rough lumber & cedar fence post for the top. It's approximately 8 ft x 3 ft, shelf on the bottom for storage and wheels on one end.[p]The table doubles as a buffett/prep table for when we're BBQ'ing with our dock mates.[p]Carol