Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Temperature Control

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, [p]I just purchased a Large Egg few days ago. I don't understand exactly how to control the temp. I have searched online and followed the direction on the DVD. [p]It seems like after the temp. is stable, then I open the lid for a few seconds, temp. goes down but does not come back to where it was. I have to increase the opening to the top and bottom to increase the temp. then decrease the temp. to stabilize the temp. [p]Does this mean I have to do this every time I open the lid? What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help

Comments

• East Cobb Eggy
    Options
    Willis,[p]I know what you mean.[p]I am new to the BGE as well, but I find that the key is not to open the lid.[p]Monitor the temp from the outside and only open when needed.[p]In going from gas, this was the hardest thing for me.[p]Take a look at the recipes here and follow them. You should do fine.[p]Greg
  • just read naked whiz temp. control tips. Will try that. Thanks!
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Willis,[p]When you have a stable temp then open he lid, the temp will drop. It will take a little time to come back to the original point, but it will get there. Don't fiddle with the vents, just trust the egg.[p]As you've seen, when you fiddle with the vents you wind up chasing the temps all through the cook. Just trust in your egg - it will do what it does.