Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Wyoming Thanksgiving Forecast

Options
thirdeye
thirdeye Posts: 7,428
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanksgiving07.jpg
<p />Oh the weather outside is frightful,
But the fire in the Egg is so delightful,
And since we've no place to go,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow![p]Cooking for friends has begun. Two sides of salmon will go on in an hour or so. I'm doing 4 pounds of cold-smoked cheese too, mild and sharp. Tomorrow, I'll smoke three breasts and prep my turkey and tenderloins for Thanksgiving. [p]Looking at the temps, I could probably put my brine buckets out in the garage. LOL[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    thirdeye,
    Temps are going to drop like crazy here. 70 today. Low of 24 Wednesday. Hopefully a little snow for T-Day. Loaded up the snow plow, so probably won't get a bit.
    Turkey is ready and just picked up all the dressing fixings.[p]Mike

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    aug_tday_forecast.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,[p]I'm quite jealous. Of course, we do need the rain down here. But 72 degrees on Thanksgiving Day? Global warming . . .
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    thirdeye,
    I'll be right over, he he. Looks like winter is knocking on your door, but turkey day is sunny.[p]Just got the egg fired up for a brined turkey and I'm a little fired up myself. Man, I enjoy this time of the year. I had my brine bucket in the garage, cool enough for the turkey. I smoked some Wisconsin cheese yesterday,...colby/jack, hot pepper and string. If I can find the time I'll post some pics.
    Cheers buddy.

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    thirdeye,[p]I can't get the NOAA forecast to look cool like that for me. It just gives me a list-type thing for Juneau instead of Sitka. whatever.... we're going to have 40's & rain.
    Enjoy your snow!!

• billt
    billt Posts: 225
    Options
    thirdeye,
    ha ha cold smoked cheeese, that was funny. does not look like the cold part will be too difficult. happy thanksgiving and good luck with the gravy.
    bill

• egger ave
    Options
    thirdeye,
    We have a cold front coming through Central Texas Wednesday night, temps will drop from the high 70's to the low 60's for highs on Thanksgiving.

1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • thirdeye,[p]And a very warm Happy Thanksgiving Day to you and yours, from the pig-infested-karnfields-of-I-o-Way![p]Best![p]~ Broc

• Egg-N-Tino
    Options
    thirdeye,[p] Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...[p]Had a relly good storm whip thru Portland, Oregon this past week. Now we are preparing for a hard freeze starting tonight thru Friday. Should be quite the experience doing my 14lb turkey on Thursday. Freezing I can deal with, sideways rain...NO. [p]Happy Turkey day to all and GOOD LUCK :-)[p]Your NW Connection,
    Egg-N-Tino

• JD McGee
    JD McGee Posts: 250
    Options
    thirdeye,[p]Looks like perfect weather for smokin' a bird...:)[p]JD

Wine Country "Q" Competition BBQ Team Pacific Northwest BBQ Association's 2011 "Team Of The Year" www.winecountryq.com