Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First overnight cook update

Options
Otobiz
Otobiz Posts: 82
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well All went well, I looked out the window at 3:30 this morning and the egg was steady at 250, went back to bed until 6:15, and the egg was still at 250, the neighbourhood smelled wonderfull, opened the lid to grab the meat and it was falling apart, pulled the pork and brought it to work,We will see if the guys like it, Hamburger buns and chips to go with there snack, Thanks for all the advice last night.

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    otobiz,[p]Congrats. The egg really does like to stay at 250 once you get it there. Glad to hear it all worked out for you.[p]One of my favorite things is to wake up early in the morning after an all nighter and look into the hollow behind the house and see all the smoke lingering and smell the BBQ smells. The still of the morning just holds the smoke. I am surprised I haven't yet drawn all the critters from the creek behind the property up onto the deck to take a peek.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Fidel,[p] We're staying in a house in a neighbourhood where the houses are close together. Our own house is on five acres. I did my first overnight on Saturday and all the neighbours were making comments on Sunday morning about the aroma. Kind of missed that.[p]Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON