Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EGG cookin

Options
Redneck
Redneck Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, just got home from a week of Bluegrassin and cookin on the EGG. We used 2 EGGS the large and the small. First we cooked up a bunch of taters to go with some good homemade chile. Cooked 13 large taters on the large EGG. I had to stack them but they still cooked real good. Then we cooked a bunch of chickin wings. I used the regular rack and the extender rack also and a plate setter with a big pizza stone to cut down on the heat coming around the edges. Worked real good. I think I got about 13-14 lbs of wings on there using both racks. Then we cooked 3 racks of spare ribs. They were Eggcellent. Mama made up a big pan of biscuits and we baked them on the EGG. Also cooked some good ole smoke link sausage a couple of mornings. On the small EGG I cook that corn pudding on page 67 in one of the BGE cookbooks, boy that was fine. I cooked it in a 10 inch flat bottom Dutch Oven but had to cook it 1 and 1/2 hrs instead of the 50 min called for in the book.
I tried something different today and cooked a couple of steaks on the small EGG using some charcoal I had made a couple of years ago.
When you make your own you can make nice big ole chunks. It heated up real fast to the 650 degree mark. So, some of you might want to try that it is really not that hard to make.