Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st time for Fatties... need suggestions

Options
wrobs
wrobs Posts: 109
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am looking to do Fatties for the first time. I am guessing indirect with a drip pan, raised grid at 250-275?? How long can I expect them to take and do they need to rest afterwards?
I want to spice one up for a little heat, maybe DP's Swamp Venom or Jamaican Jerk but is it best to season throughout and then reshape? What do ya'll stuff them with thats good?
TIA
Robert

Comments

• wrobs,
    I just cooked my first fatties Sunday. I stuffed one with cheddar cheese, and the other with jalapenos and cream cheese. I cooked them with ribs, and left the fatties on for about 3 hours at 225 - 230. They got to 170 degrees and were awesome. I just seasoned them on the outside with Swamp Venom. Scroll down a bit and you will find a few threads on 11/10 with great pics!

• UGAVET
    UGAVET Posts: 577
    Options
    wrobs,
    I typically just season on the outside with swamp venom or jamaican firewalk and then cook to 165. I have stuffed with some jack cheese before but typically just like them with the sausage.