Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Loin vs Tenderloin Recipes?

Options
Alan
Alan Posts: 72
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all,[p]I have a "Boneless Pork Loin" that I want to cook. Do I cook it the same way as a tenderloin, say at 325 Dome until 145 internal? I'm assuming that I will slather in mustard and put a rub on it.[p]Does anybody have any good recipes or tips for this cut?[p]Thanks,
Alan

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    PLoin05_14_0018_36_04.jpg
    <p />Alan, check out the link - it was done at 350 dome to an internal of 160. Good luck! :~}

[ul][li]Pork Loin[/ul]
  • Alan
    Alan Posts: 72
    Options
    Gfw,[p]Thanks, that looks great!
    Someone suggested just cutting the loin into chops instead. Now both sound good and I have to decide![p]Cheers & Happy New Year![p]Alan

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Alan, one of my favorite ways is to split the roast down the middle (lengthwise) and then cook it as a roast. For a nice treat, cover it with the Memphis Style Ribrub listed on my site. Just this afternoon I bought a roast about the size of the one in the picture and split it into two pieces - looks like two really thick 1/2 butteryflied pork chops.[p]The best part is that tonight you can do it one way and next week you can do it another.[p] [p]Life is GOOD! :~}

• Rich
    Rich Posts: 67
    Options
    Alan,
    Try "Mr Toad's pork loin" in the recipe section. It's a lot of work to prepare but worth every minute. Even my teenagers liked it.
    Rich