Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pizza, meet &eat

Options
Susan Egglaine
Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Going to a meet and eat next Monday. Going to load up my BGE and do some ABT's and specility pizzas. How far in advance can I make the dough? Do I leave it in balls or can I roll it out? Should I put a little oil over the dough? Thanks for any advice!
Should not have a hard time meeting everybody with my BGE in tow.

Comments

• Shishkaknob
    Options
    Susan Egglaine,[p]Pizza can be a time consuming cook if you're doing lots of them.
    Each one takes me anywhere between 10 and 15 mins minimum.
    With the high temps required by pizza, you'll go through quite a bit of lump if you're doing many pizzas.
    As for the dough, if you roll it out in advance, it won't stay stretched out for too long unless you can weight it down with something. You should have time to roll out the dough while the other pizza is cooking.
    I think oil on the dough might make it difficult to roll out but I have no personal experience with that.[p]Good luck,[p]John

• icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Susan Egglaine,[p]You can make the dough in advance you just put it in an oiled zip bag and put it in the fridge...[p]I do this and keep it in the fridge for a min of 36 hours..[p]Now for cooking...depends on what type of dough..[p]I do a NY style and I cook at 800 deg..and each pie takes about 3.5 mins[p]if you do 450 you are looking around 10 mins each
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Susan Egglaine,[p]OH...if you are taking the pizzas with you..undercook them
    a little and put them in the oven when you get to the persons house...if there is an oven..[p]If there is an outdoor grill you can throw them on the grill..[p]Oh..and I have done over 30 pizzas in one night on the egg..and that took a full load of lump, about 3 inches above the firebox..