Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How do I cook a 2lb pork sholder blade????

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It was on sale...thanks in advance![p]Kelly

Comments

• Shishkaknob
    Options
    Kelly,[p]If it is what I think it is, it may be known by other names....butt chop, country ribs, pork shoulder steak. Does it look like a pork steak with an odd shaped bone in it resembling a "Y"?[p]John
  • Shishkaknob,[p]That sounds like it. After more research I set the grid up with an inverted plate setter and set the grill on the legs. I have it now on at 225. Rubbed the thing with Dizzy and EVOO. I am planning to cook it to ~180 degrees. I was hoping to get more of a pulled pork product than a steak. Does this sound correct?[p]Thanks,[p]Kelly
  • Shishkaknob
    Options
    Kelly,[p]Take a look at the link below. That should help you out.[p]Cheers,[p]John
    [ul][li]dizzypig country ribs[/ul]
  • Shishkaknob,[p]Perfect! And thank you - I did not think to chect theh Dizzy site. It if very helpful and so were you.[p]Kelly
  • Shishkaknob
    Options
    Kelly,
    Thats what we're all here for Kelly. Glad I could help.
    That cook is my wife's favourite. You'll love it.[p]Go back where you bought the meat and talk to the butcher. See if he'll cut you the same cut but thick...say 1 3/4" or even 2" thick. They'll take a bit longer but they'll amaze you and your guests.[p]Cheap cuts of meat can sometimes be the best.[p]Cheers,[p]John

• Shishkaknob,[p]ohmygosh is was soooo good! I bought the cut because it was on sale, and cooked it because I was going to make swordfish tonight and thought I'd use the lump to do the meat for later in the week. Pulled it off the egg and I think we ate the whole thing right at the counter. Swordfish for tomorrow...[p]Thanks![p]Kelly
  • Shishkaknob
    Options
    Kelly,
    Awesome! Next time take some pictures so we can all enjoy a look. Too many good recipes...too little time.[p]Glad it worked out for you Kelly. Lets see that swordfish.[p]Cheers,[p]John