Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

T-Rex Steak Experience

Options
BamaEGG
BamaEGG Posts: 170
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok so last night I was asked to do steaks for my wife's family to celebrate her sister's birthday. Her sister wanted steaks. I've had my egg for about 2 weeks and had tried steaks using the method in the BGE manual but decided to give T-Rex a go.

All I can say is wow. Damned if I didn't forget take pictures. But to say this cook was anything other than a experience is a understatement. This was the first time my Egg reached 750. It was night and watching that flame come from the top of the egg for whatever reason made me extremely proud. Luckily I had watched Naked Whiz's Flashback video and the first time I burped the egg at that temp flames just escaped all around the egg for a second. Good thing I didnt throw it open. Then to see the coals glowing that bright orange and fire erupting from everywhere. It was awesome.

Oh, did I mention the steaks were perfect. Best steaks I have ever cooked. My wife who is not a big steak person loved her fillet. The family raved about them as well though they didnt get as good a cut of meat as my wife and I.

And they thought I was crazy to let those steaks stand for 20 minutes. That'll learn them.