Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jerk wings

Options
Dawgtired
Dawgtired Posts: 639
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Everyone,
Went through the archives but didn't find anything intriguing. I love Chef RD's wings but am trying to cut back on flour, etc. Thought I would do some wings for the Dawg's game this afternoon. Maybe some jerk wings, etc.. Anyone got any great recipes? I know you do, y'all have never let me down!!!
Thanks

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

Comments

• Dawgtired,[p]5 pounds chicken pieces
    1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
    2 cups finely chopped scallions
    2 Scotch bonnets or habaneros, seeded(wear gloves)
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    5 teaspoons ground allspice
    2 bay leaves
    6 cloves garlic,
    1 tablespoon salt
    2 teaspoons sugar
    1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
    1 teaspoon cinnamon[p]
    In the bowl of a food processor or blender, combine vinegar, scallions, Scotch bonnets, soy sauce, lime juice, allspice, bay leaves, garlic, salt, sugar, thyme, and cinnamon. [p]Rinse chicken pieces well under cold running water and
    pat dry with paper towels. Divide chicken pieces
    between 2 heavy-duty gallon plastic sealable bags and
    divide marinade evenly between the 2. Turn bags over
    to evenly distribute marinade, and refrigerate chicken
    for at least 24 hours and up to 2 days.[p]On an oiled grill rack(about 450 degrees on the Egg)grill chicken (in batches if necessary), for 10 to 15 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Transfer to a warm
    platter and keep warm until serving.[p]Always a hit at my parties.[p]SDMark[p]

• JD McGee
    JD McGee Posts: 250
    Options
    Dawgtired,[p]Easy one...wings, John Henry's Apple Jerk Chicken Rub, BGE at 350 deg direct heat, sprinkle both side of wings with rub, grill for 15 min per side or 170 internal temp, enjoy with your favorite beverage![p]JD
    Wine Country "Q" Competition BBQ Team Pacific Northwest BBQ Association's 2011 "Team Of The Year" www.winecountryq.com