Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Rib

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am looking for a cooking method for Prime Rib, I have seen a lot but just need to know which is the best. And also a very important point is how long it will take. I am doing it Christmas day.[p]thanks

Comments

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    Tom P,
    Here is a link to GFW's web site, go to left side of the page & hit the recipe section, go to beef & you will find prime rib recipes you might like.[p]Earl

[ul][li]GFW's Site[/ul]
  • Trout Bum
    Options
    Tom P,
    Tru the link below. It's sensational, very juicy.
    I'll be doing this one myself for Christmas.
    B D

[ul][li]Prime Rib[/ul]
  • Tom P,[p]I got you covered on this one !! I've cooked seveal prime ribs, 4 to 6 lbs. and here's the easiest and best tasting way. Cook this joker for 4 hours on 320 deg. (the BGE cookbook always under estimates temps) No need to marinate, just mix up to your liking, Dale's, Olive Oil, Water, Coarse ground pepper, parsley, garlic powder, and onion powder. Pour this on your prime rib before you put it on the BGE, rub the pepper and parsley flakes on the meat so it sticks. Put an internal temp termometer to the middle of the meat and bring to 170-175 degree. Baste with same mixture as it cooks, about ever 1 1/2 hour or so. Throw in hickory chips for the smoke flavor throughout the cooking, and your done. I've got alot of request for my prime rib, and that's exactly how I do it, no hassel !! Good luck, BamaBBQ