Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Ribs temp a little high

Options
Tractor
Tractor Posts: 288
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What happens with ribs if they accidently cook closer to 300 for part of the cook? They're beef ribs and I meant to have them stabilized at 250. Should I throw them in the trash and start over? LOL

Comments

• Dover_Gal
    Dover_Gal Posts: 116
    Options
    Tractor,
    Don't be silly! Cooking is an art, not exactly a science. 300 is a low temp and the deck temp may well be lower than the dome temp so it's probably fine. Don't forget, cooking in the olden days didn't involve thermometers at all. The cook held his or her hand near the fire to judge temperature and that was that. [p]Your ribs are going to be great.

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    dover_gal,
    thank god someone said it! been too much talk lately of people trying to be 'exact'. like you said, 300 is still a slow fire.[p]i aimed for 250 yesterday at the start of an overnight, and it took 6 hours to come down to 250 from 300.[p]no big deal. butts were fine. in fact, get this, they took longer than expected...

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante